Craigslist: "I NEED A SCUBA DIVER (NORTH JERSEY)"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most newer shotguns that are made for duck hunting can sit in water for a long time before anything goes wrong with them. I put my Benelli SBE II through hell and don't even clean it until the end of the season and it works fine. It has been dropped in the river and in mud, still no rust. If he lost a $2k gun then paying someone $200 to get it back isn't that bad of a deal.

Most newer shotguns that are made for duck hunting can sit in water for a long time before anything goes wrong with them. I put my Benelli SBE II through hell and don't even clean it until the end of the season and it works fine. It has been dropped in the river and in mud, still no rust. If he lost a $2k gun then paying someone $200 to get it back isn't that bad of a deal.

Perhaps these same makers can produce scuba equipment. I am tired of rinsing so often. :)

Perhaps these same makers can produce scuba equipment. I am tired of rinsing so often. :)

Yea too bad. Though if my shotgun was life dependant I might take care of it alittle more. I don't die when my shotgun jams, I just yell and cuss a lot. My Benelli has never jamed though.

Well if he's offering $100 if the person doesn't find it...and he's had a few try already...wouldn't it just be prudent to get a new gun?

As someone else said - not if its a $2k gun. But what if it is even more, like a trap shooter or skeet shooter that took their gun hunting?

Talk Perazzis and Kolars, and you are talking 10's of K's, and if they have fancy engraving and gold overlay . . . . :shocked2:

As someone else said - not if its a $2k gun. But what if it is even more, like a trap shooter or skeet shooter that took their gun hunting?

Talk Perazzis and Kolars, and you are talking 10's of K's, and if they have fancy engraving and gold overlay . . . . :shocked2:

true but ive never seen a duck hunter use those

Maybe it's his Dad's and he's concerned about getting it back before it's noticed that it's missing.

Maybe it's his Dad's and he's concerned about getting it back before it's noticed that it's missing.

You are probably closer than you think. I have recovered 15 or so shotguns and rifles over the years as well as a few pistols from mostly the Pearl River during hunting season. Gun's especially shotguns and rifles can hold a lot of sentimental value as fathers and grandfathers hand them down, or maybe he has had it for a long time. Sometimes the price is more than the value of a gun, but the gun is worth far more to the owner.

47 posts and no one called the guy?

Post 31

You want answers? I got the answers you paranoid friady cats. The extremely nice fellow indicated he inadvertenly dropped a shot gun while duck hunting recently. He has had several teams of "volunteer" divers effect searches in zero vis tidal water without any luck thus far. Yesterday he had a "master" diver with CCR search for over an hour without luck. He marked the general area at the time of loss by spray painting nearby reeds. Depth is around 9ft at low tide and 16ft at high tide. He has others going back tomorrow. He was fearful that the tides may have moved the 8lb gun. By the way, I used a co-worker's phone who is out for lunch. :D

Yes, with CD's guidance. I would peg his age to be 45 or there abouts. He was taken aback how someone in S Florida learned of the ad and had an interest to call with inquisitive questions. I explained I spend alot of time on SB with alot of other colorfull characters who also have way too much time on their hands. As I stated in an earlier post he was anxious to read about all the speculation on the subject so I e-mailed the thread link to him late afternoon....

Back
Top Bottom