Craigslist: "I NEED A SCUBA DIVER (NORTH JERSEY)"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You want answers? I got the answers you paranoid friady cats. The extremely nice fellow indicated he inadvertenly dropped a shot gun while duck hunting recently. He has had several teams of "volunteer" divers effect searches in zero vis tidal water without any luck thus far. Yesterday he had a "master" diver with CCR search for over an hour without luck. He marked the general area at the time of loss by spray painting nearby reeds. Depth is around 9ft at low tide and 16ft at high tide. He has others going back tomorrow. He was fearful that the tides may have moved the 8lb gun. By the way, I used a co-worker's phone who is out for lunch. :D

By the way, I used a co-workers phone who is out for lunch. :D

Now that was mean.:rofl3:

I didn't even know that north Jersey allowed duck hunting, let alone shotguns. I thought we were all a bunch of namby pamby gun hating liberals who aren't even allowed to pump our own gas?:D

Anyway, if it was 8 lbs, wouldn't it probably get buried in the muck?

Last edited:
Cudos to SNORMAN for guessing correctly. Please take note who quickly concured with that assesment. :)

Well 200 bucks isnt worth it to me, wont even cover gas its probably rusted or someone found it already. I can find handguns in the waters here so i know i could find that if he gave me a 20 ft area, dependin on how strong the tide comes in and how much other metal stuff is there. i have found a knife in the intercoastal at peanut island lost the day before burried about 1ft deep just to give you guys an idea of how much sand/muck can be on it, but the sand will also help protect it

Hey Valhalla maybe we can get $100 from him for guessing the item correctly? :)

Hey Valhalla maybe we can get $100 from him for guessing the item correctly? :)

He got a kick out of all the interest and I promised to e-mail him the thread for his viewing pleasure so I guess he can act if he so choses. I would'nt hold your breath though. Wait, we are trained not to do that. Never mind. :D

Well if he's offering $100 if the person doesn't find it...and he's had a few try already...wouldn't it just be prudent to get a new gun?

Well if he's offering $100 if the person doesn't find it...and he's had a few try already...wouldn't it just be prudent to get a new gun?

He indicates that all the divers who have searched thus far have done so voluntarily which speaks well of our brethern. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom