Crazy, Scary, Funny, or all of the above?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best thing about this video was the boat.. Really nice boat.

... without an O2 kit, apparently ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It would have been nice if someone checked if Waseem was still breathing after his little adventure. The poor guy was more than half dead and they just ignore him completely??

I think scariest of all is the divers opinion that no text book could have prepared them to deal with that dive. Like it is all some big mystery that they can never be expected to understand...

Complete and utter cluster.

Hell, Waseem wasn't even first back in the boat.

... without an O2 kit, apparently ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Judging by the attention the "instructor" paid to the student / victim it wouldn't have mattered. He was busy explaining something or other the last I saw him on the vid. That video could have been entered as evidence had something worse had happened.

The scariest part is they're now training to be/are Dive Masters :(

yeah there's a list as long as your arm of bad things here but I had vertigo underwater once, at the end of my safety stop, and that was bad enough. Remembering what that was like, I don't think this guy did so bad just getting back to the surface. I don't think any training in the world could help someone with really bad vertigo. It is not clear how he blew the ear drum although we can all guess. Of course his buddies were something less than reliable to say the least. As for the DM stuff, it says they continued training and will be DMs "soon". How long did all of this take? No one here knows. Let's hope they got straightened out, that's all. I'm not saying I would necessarily want to jump in the water with the divers in this video but would people prefer that they just quit diving? Sounds like it.

how easily is Vertigo treated in underwater environments? I'm not sure it would be a great situation if an instructor were to get hit by vertigo while a student was struggling (but I am not feigning knowledge on the subject, I don't know how easy it is to control vertigo under water)

how easily is Vertigo treated in underwater environments? I'm not sure it would be a great situation if an instructor were to get hit by vertigo while a student was struggling (but I am not feigning knowledge on the subject, I don't know how easy it is to control vertigo under water)

From personal experience vertigo is usually caused by either a. Sudden change in pressure in one eardrum but not the other,or b. Surface waves on a safety stop and no visual reference

A. Is less fun and dependant on what caused the pressure issue may or may not right itself
B. Subsides quick enough

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom