Creepy things found diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

30 metre viz, clear sunlight huge schools of mackerel, fusiliers and damsels, A halo of vomit surrounding the head of an open water student who had forgotten that the procedure for handling water seeping into a regulator is not swallowing until the saline content of ones stomach makes an explosive spectacle of rice and ikan goreng.

It attracted the fish though - little cannibals that they are.

Since this has wandered away from the original creepy question, my final OW checkout dive I went through a swimthrough (right behind my instructor) sitting inside was a huge grouper, I was maybe a foot from it (guess my instructor was pretty confident in my not freaking out since he saw it and waved me in). Sticking out of it's mouth was the end of a lobster antenna. I stopped, and watched it for a second and he slurped it in, like one of my kids slurping up a long string of pasta.

Didn't get a picture though because the instructor had taken my camera with him to take a picture of me comming through the swimthrough.

Nice resurrection. Found a cyanide bottle, kinda creeped me out:

n507300755_989468_8619.jpg

No creepy things, but I've found several old spark plugs used as fishing lines weighs. Very corroded and the lines with several fishhooks. Very dangerous.

How about a bomb/missle? About 3ft long.

Found that while diving here in the Gulf of Mexico. I let it be but one of the other divers brought it on board. The captain caught him and the diver chucked it overboard like a moron.

Reminds of the idiot fisherman, read about how he straps it to the roof and proceeds to ride back to shore in a lightning storm.. and then asks to keep it.

AFP: Florida fisherman nets live guided missile

Another dead pig (manually inflated if you will) sailing by the diveboat, legs up, in the open ocean after a rainstorm. Told the story to a backpacker over a Bintang that very evening. He said "yeah cool man - Ive had that happen in India too. Only it was a dead elephant"

the mental image has stayed with me ever since

I was diving at Breakwater in Monterey, CA out by the metridium fields when I saw a mola mola laying on the bottom with it's fins chewed off. It's a common enough sight since the sea lions enjoy eating mola mola fins when they can get them. The creepy part was that it was still alive and it's large eyes followed my approach as it lay there helpless. I couldn't help wondering if it thought I was going to eat it or something. EWWWWwww.

Back
Top Bottom