Current Status of Fill Station Owned/Operated by Stathis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hint: google search not same as real life.
Google Maps is user driven with little oversight from google. Locations are often wrong for businesses, so I don't trust any of such until I verify it from Street View. I've corrected a few on the island myself, like the Mega store - altho it can be changed incorrectly without notification to me.

Hopefully some competition will drive down Nitrox prices.
Have you ever been to the island? :confused:

You can get nitrox for $8-12 per tank. I'm all for lower prices but this isn't where I want anyone cutting corners to do it.

You can get nitrox for $8-12 per tank. I'm all for lower prices but this isn't where I want anyone cutting corners to do it.
$8-12 extra, right? The O2 probably doesn't cost much, but the extra handling at the fill station and of the operator may well support the prices. I just don't see the need on multi-level dives, nothing like square bottomed wreck dives.

Google Maps is user driven with little oversight from google. Locations are often wrong for businesses, so I don't trust any of such until I verify it from Street View. ...
Except that all the Street Views for Cozumél were taken in 2014. A few things have changed since then; maybe not buildings in the urban core, but businesses have come and gone since then, so I find that signage is often wrong. But you will find PROFECO (consumer protection) and SEFIPLAN (vehicle licensing) now (pats self on the back :yeahbaby: ...).

$8-12 extra, right? The O2 probably doesn't cost much, but the extra handling at the fill station and of the operator may well support the prices. I just don't see the need on multi-level dives, nothing like square bottomed wreck dives.

It doesn’t take much of a dive here at all to see the difference nitrox makes, air divers ever wonder why there are three chambers on Cozumel??

Dive safe, dive often!

Except that all the Street Views for Cozumél were taken in 2014. A few things have changed since then; maybe not buildings in the urban core, but businesses have come and gone since then, so I find that signage is often wrong. But you will find PROFECO (consumer protection) and SEFIPLAN (vehicle licensing) now (pats self on the back :yeahbaby: ...).

Also Coz has new street names on the corners.
Too bad you can't see them when you are driving, only walking.

wtFj3MYY7UzV4jIPe2gx7d1Ak5lRHyEPx1ET4vOz3SC5IChcc4rrQaoUNFgx7D7MVMPHarNKIq9evFW-VDW=w616-h821-no.jpg

Except that all the Street Views for Cozumél were taken in 2014. A few things have changed since then; maybe not buildings in the urban core, but businesses have come and gone since then, so I find that signage is often wrong.
Okay, yeah, that's all true. It's still worth checking unless the business is new.

It doesn’t take much of a dive here at all to see the difference nitrox makes, air divers ever wonder why there are three chambers on Cozumel??
There are chambers to serve many types of divers doing many types of dives. Ever done a study on the patients treated. I doubt that nitrox would have prevented many. I am grateful the chambers are available for the true hits, tho.

The dive shop I use in Bonaire does not add on an additional charge for Nitrox. In Curacao, a Nitrox tank is 1/2 the price of that in Cozumel. I never felt that I was "cutting corners" and risking inferior product.

Back
Top Bottom