Current water temps and any Eagle Ray sightings lately???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The eagles are still about. Saw a huge one breach yesterday. Quite impressive!

In the past week, I've enjoyed dozens at Cantarel, multiples at Punta Sur Sur, and pairs or individuals at various reefs in between.

I think you'd have to keep your eyes closed or stay away from the water to not at least catch a glimpse.

I've been getting temp readings 78-80 when I think about checking...

The eagles are still about. Saw a huge one breach yesterday. Quite impressive!

In the past week, I've enjoyed dozens at Cantarel, multiples at Punta Sur Sur, and pairs or individuals at various reefs in between.

I think you'd have to keep your eyes closed or stay away from the water to not at least catch a glimpse.

I've been getting temp readings 78-80 when I think about checking...
I like the number of Eagle Rays we saw on the 13th. Then the return trip on the 15th was interesting. :)

Saw them yesterday (2/22) at Cantarel. I have one photo with 10 of them and I 'm sure there were at least twice as many. They circled around a few times out over the drop-off, getting within about 20-25 feet of the wall.

Also had a close encounter with one drifting from Yucab to Tormentos on 2/19. My son saw one on a shore dive Monday at Scuba Club and other divers reported seeing one there this week as well.

My computer reports water temps 79-81 this week, including 81 at Cantarel.

I was on Christi's boat on Weds, and we saw lots of them up north. One word: Spectacular. Water temps I got on my computer were anywhere from 77-80.

I've just uploaded the photos from my 2 north end dives. I've concluded that from now on I'm removing the strobes from my camera (a P & S) so I can have better control of it while also holding on to the bottom. I won't make any claims to getting any good shots of the Eagles but as you can see they were plentiful.

https://picasaweb.google.com/CozumelTimeCapsules/DivingTheNorthEnd2013

Cool pictures! I'm hoping I see some next week.

I had a National Geographic moment with one on Tormentos on the 13th. It was absolutely MASSIVE! I have never even seen a picture of one that big..very cool! Its wingspan must have been 12 feet with a 20ft long tail. It was feeding in the sand and right as we passed by it raised up and flew right by us..the remoras on this monster were huge as well!

They're in the south, but if you want to see squadrons, north is the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom