Current water temps and any Eagle Ray sightings lately???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've concluded that from now on I'm removing the strobes from my camera (a P & S) so I can have better control of it while also holding on to the bottom. I won't make any claims to getting any good shots of the Eagles but as you can see they were plentiful.

https://picasaweb.google.com/CozumelTimeCapsules/DivingTheNorthEnd2013

That's exactly the same thing I said right after the dive. I would have enjoyed the dive more without the camera, but I hate not to take pictures when I know I may never see them like this again. Definitely leaving the strobe behind though.

So far only 1 eagle ray on Cedral! Have not been up North. :0(
Right now the port is closed. We went out this morning but it was pretty rough on top! Underneath was excellent! It is supposed to get worse! My computer read 74 degrees on the first dive and 75 on the second!

That's probably the air temperature.

I was getting 81 Uwatec degrees and yes, much warmer below the surface than above. Saw a solitary spotted eagle ray toward the end of our dive at San Francisco. It came very very close to me!

We saw this one on Columbia Deep yesterday.

PICT0204 - Version 2.jpeg

We went north yesterday and the eagle rays were there, water temps around 79.

MY DM reported 79 as the water temp today! A norte doesn't affect the water temps that drastically - and I haven't seen Coz water temps below 78 this year at all - it hasn't been cold enough for long enough - so certainly not 74! I agree that has to be the air temp!

That is what my computer said! (water temps not air)Previous 2 days read 80! ??? ??????? Doesn't stop us from diving... just put on another layer!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom