Current water temps and any Eagle Ray sightings lately???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

works for me, we normally dive just skins , with November and end of April being the earliest and latest
We have 3mm suites but hopefully wont need them

Sitting at DFW waiting on the boarding call

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

There was 1 guy that was wearing a skin and another guy on one day that went without any protection, they both said they had gotten cold on the second dive. There was a gal that was wearing a shortie and she said she got cold on a dive. There was a guy that wore a 7 mm and one of the gals that wore a 5 mm they didn't say anything about being cold. I had on 3 mm and didn't get cold. I downloaded all my dives and found that 77-78 was the average. There was one @79. The eagle rays are here.

Have a safe flight coming down and have a great week. We go home today.
works for me, we normally dive just skins , with November and end of April being the earliest and latest
We have 3mm suites but hopefully wont need them

Sitting at DFW waiting on the boarding call

we had not planned to dive today, looks like our first chance will be monday

port still looks closed, but I did see one boat, not a dive boat
by the beach is still chilly but by the pool is kicking
winds are still out of the north but dropping according to the palm trees I can see

Towards the end of Feb we went to Eagle Ray Station and dive the same dive twice. On one of the dives we saw about 24 in separate groups however I think several of the smaller groups combined and circled back around. The other dive we saw about 21 in separate groups. I have still pics but a friend of mine on the dive has a great video. I will have to get that video, permission and see if I can post it. I had some great pics up close of an Eagle Ray feeding in the sand at a southern site but unfortunately the SD card was reformatted (long story) so I had to start over but with success. A few days later another group of divers we were with went north to the same site and only saw a couple of Eagle Rays.

We saw quite a few Eagle Rays as singles at many other sites further south.

I am going thru my pics now an will put them in a trip report.

My computer at the time read 81 F but it wasn't that warm. I think this was the max temp on the screen and was a surface (boat) temp. I think it was around 77-78 F but warmer at depth (or at least felt that way).

JFS-Where did you see the group of 8 rays? Very cool.
Saw the small group of 8 at Cantarell this past saturday. About a month ago saw much bigger groups...

cozjan-2.jpgcozjan.jpg

temps are fine below the surface, just have bundle up clothes on the boat

Back
Top Bottom