D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn I’m sorry to see the problems some of you are facing!

But it’s still a very interesting read and there is something strangely fun to see Americans using millimeters :p

I think having it seal, albeit for a limited time, with the hex key all the way out lulled us into a false sense of security where in fact it needs to be screwed in to maintain the seal over multiple breathing cycles.

I've attempted to achieve consistent results and I think I have. I can get it to initially seal with limited spring pressure cracking around 1-1.2" but after a few breathes it drops to around .5-.6". This is repeatable. The only way to get it to seal consistently is to screw the hex about half way down.

Judging by mine and Lex's results this seems correct. I think there is more room to play with the lever as long as it's not too high to begin with, unlike spring pressure I think it has a wider workable range.

Next, I'm going to increase lever height to case rim height and see if I can still get the same stability cracking at around 1.2". That's tomorrow's mission, for now I wanna quit while I'm seemingly ahead.

I think it's critical once you think you've set your cracking effort that you breathe rapidly and consecutively multiple times to ensure cracking stays put and doesn't drop. I think this has been the main source of my issues, mental ones aside.

Lightbulb moment, SP are watching this thread to figure out how to tune them and how to write the manual. Tricky. We'd better get a mention in the credits.

(FTR I'm not saying we know, but that eventually through trial and error we will, the rest was just a joke)

I'm getting bizarre swings in behavior and it at times is randomly doing the opposite to what is should be doing. There is zero consistency.

I've got one word for you...

Just kidding. I don't know beans about any of the D series regulators, so this question may be irrelevant . Are you taking the pressure off of the soft seat by depressing the purge button every time you adjust the orifice? I've seen videos and tons of manuals that do not include this simple step when explaining second stage adjustment. Some manuals even recommend not to do this as they believe "coining" the seat is a good idea. But it has been my experience that separating the hard and soft seat every time an adjustment is made results in a more consistent and longer lasting seat set.

Interesting thread. Mine is playing so well with me albeit only in the pool. Methinks BS is tinkering too much.

Back
Top Bottom