D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just reset lever, about 1mm clearance, set cracking to 1.3" took about 5 quick successive breathes and cracking dropped to .5" and now leaks. Even if cracking starts high, after a few breaths it gets lower and lower and lower until to starts leaking again.

PS it doesn't work properly so buyer beware you'll need to play with it, service it or get it serviced. Cheers.

I think you should wait until the service literature comes out. You need a benchmark and I would say the only benchmark you have is the old D series, the new D series may be entirely different you won’t know until the service literature comes out. Out of the box was yours and rsingler entirely different as far a cracking, lever height, hex crew depth?

Yes, seems both mine and Lexs were different.

I get what you're saying but spring pressure is spring pressure and lever height is lever height.

I'm getting bizarre swings in behavior and it at times is randomly doing the opposite to what is should be doing. There is zero consistency.

Is it possible the LDS played with it before they sold it or it was a return and somebody else played with it and then returned it? I’ve had that happen.

I have moved my lever to a bit under 1mm above case rim, spring adjuster is deep, about 1/2 of its travel. Cracks about 1” and has good flow. Compared to a regular in line type of regulator it’s weird but lever height seems to be crucial along with adequate spring pressure to stabilize everything. More testing tomorrow.

I have moved my lever to a bit under 1mm above case rim, spring adjuster is deep, about 1/2 of its travel. Cracks about 1” and has good flow. Compared to a regular in line type of regulator it’s weird but lever height seems to be crucial along with adequate spring pressure to stabilize everything. More testing tomorrow.

Which is very different from Robs settings.

A manual might just clear things up.

Back
Top Bottom