D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's gone, a very nice man took it off my hands even though he certainly didn't need it or really want it (@lexvil).

Went out today with two G250s I picked up cheap on auction that I serviced and updated, they didn't miss a beat. It's was like being home again, bliss. I'd forgotten how nicely they breathe.

It's gone, a very nice man took it off my hands even though he certainly didn't need it or really want it (@lexvil).

Went out today with two G250s I picked up cheap on auction that I serviced and updated, they didn't miss a beat. It's was like being home again, bliss. I'd forgotten how nicely they breathe.
The G250 is the standard to which I judge all of the new regs, many can equal the performance but nothing really exceeds it.

While the D420 has not yet met my expectations I haven’t had time to fully put it through its paces, with vast experience with things like Atomic, the G 250 and 260, S600, Zeagle F8, my expectations are very high and the D didn’t meet them, for now I’m going with my thinking and expectations are in a design rut and I’m applying the familiar against the unfamiliar, so the testing and evaluation will continue, my first one is in AlaBAMA! Where James79 is working on an adjuster for it that probably isn’t necessary but I do like my regs set hot so the ability to tune it down as the situation demands seems like a good idea yet I acknowledge that may be old thinking.

I'll just sit back and see how this reg turns out for the masses. Could be me but I don't think so. I'm leaning toward seat or orifice issues, perhaps materials.

Perhaps there's a reason this reg has not been widely released or more readily available. The humble old G250 left my D in the dust.

I guess as more people get them a clearer picture will develop, right now it's a very small sample.

I could be the lemon and not my D.

The G250 is the standard to which I judge all of the new regs, many can equal the performance but nothing really exceeds it.
What about the G260? Was it a step back (as the G250HP)?

In my opinion no, I like it more than the 250 because while it’s more complicated, like all newer regs that give you more adjustability it is smaller, i prefer it to the 250 for myself.

The G260 is IMO an excellent reg, it's basically a G250V in a smaller case with a micro adjuster added for fine tuning and to take pressure off the seat. The internals are identical to a G250V, orifice, balance chamber and poppet. The lever is beefed up and can be used in a G250 although results in a slightly higher cracking effort and does put extra pressure on the seat as the lever sits higher but I had one in a G250 for two years without I'll effect. The spring is a .216 same as G250 and older G250V but from
2008 SP changed the G250V spring to a .218.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom