Dale Hollow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
I don't know if you folks have considered this yet but plan on 3+ hours of driving one way.

There is a real small Island that is sometimes underwater you can swim through. It's pretty cool. You are probably about 10 ft. under.

And yes, It is overhead enviroment. Get over it.

No no no....you'd have to get under it....

We went house boating/diving on Dale Hollow in 3rd week September 2001 and again the last week of July this year. Enjoyed it both times. The vis was good on both trips down to the first big thermo cline then less but not zero below that.

The September 2001 trip was a little better with 30 foot vis and temps in the mid 70s down to 30' below that the vis was maybe 10' with temps in the 60s down to 40'

The July trip this year was warmer 82 down to a very sharp cline at 30' where it dropped to 58. Vis was not as good with 20' above the cline and no more then 5' below it.

You get to see plenty of fish (Bass, Cats and of course Piranha) and unfortunately there is no shortage of junk to pick up including aprox 30 golf ball I picked up at one site and a perfectly good fishing rod.

All in all its a good trip and with tank fills available right on the lake it can't be beat for a Kentucky lake dive!

"The max. depth of Dale Hollow Lake is 205 feet and that can be found around the Pleasant Grove area next to the dam. However, for the most part depths at Dale Hollow range around 170-185 feet."

than I'm going to go on a single AL tank...hell, I don't think I'll go much below 80 ft....if it's that chilly

You have to be awfully confident of your manhood to have a screen name like that!!!

We vacationed at Dale Hollow alot when I was a kid. What a beautiful lake.

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
"The max. depth of Dale Hollow Lake is 205 feet and that can be found around the Pleasant Grove area next to the dam. However, for the most part depths at Dale Hollow range around 170-185 feet."

Right over near Pleasure is the hole I was talking about that gets real deeeeeeeeeeeep. It's a small hole but depth finders can hit it on occasion.

Diving this lake sure would bring back some memories. It's been probably 5 yrs. for me. And that was just a search and recovery dive not a fun dive.

If we decide to get a trip to Dale Hollow together next year we would be interested. I think late in the year is probably better. I have a Jon boat I can bring along, getting out of it is easy but good luck trying to get back in!

I know this is an old discussion, but if anyone is still paying attention, I will be at Dale Hollow Lake from July 13th through the 18th and am looking for some folks to hook up with and do some diving. I'm there for a family reunion all week and I'm the only diver in the bunch. Anyone interested?

if the water temp is right for my 5mm. :wink: I've long heard it's a nice dive site.

I am probably up for it too. Keep us posted as the dates get closer and we will see if we can get a little group down there to do a couple dives.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom