Deco bottles affecting trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A guy is walking down the street thinking he needs a new suit, when he sees a man with a great fitting suit, even though the man has one shoulder hunched forward, the other arm longer, and an odd limp. He finds out who made the suit, thinking who ever it is must be a great tailor if he can fit that guy so well. He gets a new suit made and goes to try it on. But it fits terribly. So the tailor says "Ok so twist your hip a bit to the left, turn that arm out and stretch the other longer. Perfect. Now lets work on your walk."

Maybe adjust the gear when you can and then use your body for what is left.

i'd make sure your backmounted bottles are in the right spot first. make sure the harness isn't too tight and your doubles aren't too high on your back. if they are, and you add more weight up front, you'll have this with bottles on

I had the same problem the very first time I used 2 deco bottles.
I tried lowering the double on my back - nothing.
No weight at all to move some ballast toward my hips ...
I solved the problem just lowering 3 or 4 cm the left d-ring and putting the hip d-ring closer to the backplate.
In such way the bottles were closer to my body and much more manageable.
Hoping this helps

Also having the hip d ring too far back (past about midline with the body) will lead to the back of the tank sticking up too much as it gets empty and starts to float up.

Yup. The valves and regs are heavy.

Adjust your posture and move your fins back a bit.
What AJ said
Use your legs to change your center of gravity. Stick them out slightly to shift the heavy fins south, closer to your butt if you drop the stage or breath down the 50%. Trimix bottom stages are a mixed bag depending on fresh vs salt water and the mix in them.

What AJ said
Use your legs to change your center of gravity. Stick them out slightly to shift the heavy fins south, closer to your butt if you drop the stage or breath down the 50%. Trimix bottom stages are a mixed bag depending on fresh vs salt water and the mix in them.
if your tanks aren't set right you can do whatever you want with your arms and legs and you will still tip forward

if your tanks aren't set right you can do whatever you want with your arms and legs and you will still tip forward
That too! It wasn't meant to be at the expense of getting the harness right (it might be I dunno without pics and/or video) My OC chest drings are in line with my collar bones, left hip Dring is about 1cm above my midline (above/back/towards my butt)

I didn't mention I'm very tall, so the distance between the lowered d-ring and the hip d-ring (pushed back toward my bottom) is more than average, still keeping the bottles in semi horizontal position.
This gave me some allowance moving both in order to gain trim.

Dive them in side-mount configuration

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom