Deep Sea 3D at IMAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGG_BUDD:
I saw it this past weekend and it was a great experience. My little guys were reaching at the screen, thinking they could touch the fish! It met every expectation. If only it was longer...

I hear it costs $1 million to run that IMAX camera for 15 minutes...don't quote me.
I believe you. There was an article in either Sport Diver or Scuba Diving magazine about the filming of the movie. It said the IMAX camera carries about 3 mins worth of film and is operated by 2 divers. The divers would sometimes wait for an hour or 2 in the water to get that perfect shot - insane:)

Yeah, that's where I read it! It was in this month's Scuba Diver Magazine. It had a picture of the camera in it's housing (which was about 4 feet wide). Dude, I need one of those. It makes my Sony Marine Pack look like a little baby...

BIGG_BUDD:
Yeah, that's where I read it! It was in this month's Scuba Diver Magazine. It had a picture of the camera in it's housing (which was about 4 feet wide). Dude, I need one of those. It makes my Sony Marine Pack look like a little baby...
Can you imagine carrying that camera on a shore dive :)

OK, sorry to beat this into the ground...

I found the article in this month's scuba diving mag. Camera + housing weghs in at 1,200 pounds. One roll of film lasts 3 minutes and takes 30 minutes to reload. It costs $15k per 3 minute roll.

If any of you have seen the film, you'll remember the giant Pacific octopus attack on the crab...they waited 2.5 hours to get that shot.

What a cool job.

I saw it too. It was everything I dreamed it would be. I recommeded it to everyone I know. Well worth the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom