Deep Sea Detectives.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, OK, I've solved the Deep Sea Detectives problem !!!
I'm going to have ALL the episodes pulled and replace them with "Sea Hunt" episodes.
We can all watch Mike Nelson go bug-eyed it that big old black Voit mask.

The Kraken:
OK, OK, I've solved the Deep Sea Detectives problem !!!
I'm going to have ALL the episodes pulled and replace them with "Sea Hunt" episodes.
We can all watch Mike Nelson go bug-eyed it that big old black Voit mask.

I'd rather watch Sea Hunt any day.

Spare Airs, huh ?!?!?!?
Now that's a good one !
They're redundant so they must be DIR.

Has anyone listened to scubaradio (http://www.scubaradio.com/main.cfm) They claim it it is a show for divers by divers, but they have about 1 minutes of useful diver info for a 2 hour show, with more commercials and repetitions than deep see detectives. That show is awful.

Scuba Radio is a show to complain about. On deep see detectives, the history of the wrecks can be very interesting. And being a N.E. diver they have a couple of episodes I can directly relate to my own diving.

What do people want to see on DSD, how to perform an OOA situation, how to deploy a lift bag? What is the difference in steel vs. aluminum tanks? Would this actually sell?

ScubaMarc:
What do people want to see on DSD, how to perform an OOA situation, how to deploy a lift bag? What is the difference in steel vs. aluminum tanks? Would this actually sell?

ScubaMarc makes an interesting point. What is it that would make a good diving show for television? I think DVD could be a lot better if they improved a the format (as others have noted): less repetition, less melodramatic.

What specifically would make a great scuba diving show? Lots of underwater scenes, adventure stories, travel stories, diving techniques, diving history, a scuba comedy?

Carbon

I think it's a great show. Chatterton is the man and I admire him as much as any diver on the planet. If you get into wrecks you'll find the show fascinating.

Now the co host. I have asked way uglier women for a little kiss and had my *** slapped for my efforts. I find her easy to look at and in fact, enjoyable to look at. What the heck is her name anyhow?

carbon:
ScubaMarc makes an interesting point. What is it that would make a good diving show for television? I think DVD could be a lot better if they improved a the format (as others have noted): less repetition, less melodramatic.

What specifically would make a great scuba diving show? Lots of underwater scenes, adventure stories, travel stories, diving techniques, diving history, a scuba comedy?

Carbon

Repeat: DSD is not a show about scuba diving. It is about marine history.

If someone thinks there needs to be a show about scuba diving, develop one, fund it, and get it on a cable channel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom