Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a set on the Black Friday sale and had a chance to try them recently on vacation. They are pretty light and pack well. They are comfortable and very easy to don/doff with the handle on the spring straps. They seem to have good power and work well for all of the kicks, especially the back kick.

I did some shore diving, so if I have one complaint, it would be that the material is a bit soft and chunks easy on rocks. Other than that, they are excellent.

I wear a size 11 Poseidon one shoe (3mm) and I'm a size 10.5. What size would you recommend for me, Large I suspect?
I am also interested in a negative version.

When will a Large in white be next available in stiff and also one in soft?

@DeepSeaPirate I think you will be an XL. I wear a size 9 Poseidon and my L pair fits me perfectly.

First day of CCR training. 1 instructor, 2 students, 3 sets of Deep6 Eddy fins.

I claim full responsibility! :D :wink:

CCRs are notorious for being butt heavy - at least, from what I've read. I did a demo dive on a Dive Rite O2ptima a couple of years ago and they put 12 # of lead on the top of the unit and I still had to scull like made to keep my feet up and stay in horizontal trim. The Eddy fins seem perfect for diving a CCR as they are neutrally buoyant (and excellent for technical finning techniques). It was my first time in the water with my new-to-me rEvo CCR. Within 30 seconds of dropping to the bottom (with no weight on me or the rEvo), I was able to be flat in the water, with my fins still. I love these fins!

Deep6EddyPool.jpg

Any word lately about a heavier set of Eddy fins? Last I looked, y'all were talking about using another compound for the heavy set.

I would LOVE a pair of XL and XXL in white... Pretty please?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom