DEMA Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're heading out - staying at the Excalibur - hey if nothing else it's a good excuse to head to Vegas and see some shows - hit a few tables.

Got an Aussie friend flying up from Melbourne so we are heading to San Diego after DEMA for some wreck diving

Cheers

Steve

Well I'm happy to report that we came through Omar unscathed. The island got whacked pretty good and a lot of boats were lost but no dive boats were even damaged at all. Electricity is slowly coming back on everywhere. So even though Molly has decided to stay behind I'm still heading to Las Vegas and will be very much in need of a stiff drink with ICE in it!!!

Well I'm happy to report that we came through Omar unscathed. The island got whacked pretty good and a lot of boats were lost but no dive boats were even damaged at all. Electricity is slowly coming back on everywhere. So even though Molly has decided to stay behind I'm still heading to Las Vegas and will be very much in need of a stiff drink with ICE in it!!!

Got rum? :D

Scott,

How could any one dislike NOLA? I don't remember ever having a bad time in NO. Then again I don't remember much of anything from the two NO shows USIA did.

DEMA is actually a great show for the diving community, but isn't as great for Manufacturers as it was in the 90's. It's really become a great big gathering for the Dive Industry. And that is great. But it just isn't a must attend event like it use to be for Manufacturers. Since we stopped doing DEMA in 2003, our sales have continued to sky rocket. Last year was our best ever year for selling dry suits to the diving community.
I'm going down this year just to walk the show and attend a couple of meetings. It will be nice to enjoy DEMA for what it has become and not for what companies like ours wishes it had become.

Glad to hear things are not too bad. Will buy you a drink if I see ya.

M.

Scott,

How could any one dislike NOLA? I don't remember ever having a bad time in NO. Then again I don't remember much of anything from the two NO shows USIA did.

DEMA is actually a great show for the diving community, but isn't as great for Manufacturers as it was in the 90's. It's really become a great big gathering for the Dive Industry. And that is great. But it just isn't a must attend event like it use to be for Manufacturers. Since we stopped doing DEMA in 2003, our sales have continued to sky rocket. Last year was our best ever year for selling dry suits to the diving community.
I'm going down this year just to walk the show and attend a couple of meetings. It will be nice to enjoy DEMA for what it has become and not for what companies like ours wishes it had become.

Agree!!

We're heading out - staying at the Excalibur - hey if nothing else it's a good excuse to head to Vegas and see some shows - hit a few tables.

Got an Aussie friend flying up from Melbourne so we are heading to San Diego after DEMA for some wreck diving

Cheers

Steve

That is how you SHOULD enjoy DEMA!!

Heck yea I'll have rum. A case of Cruzan Rum dark miniatures (airline size). If you see me in the show, stop me, I'll always have rum with me.

Back
Top Bottom