Did I get bent? Please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you got the clap. 500mg amoxicillin BID for 10 days should fix that for you.
Public service announcement...

Not any more. Drug resistance is on the rise for STD’s as well. Now advising oral azithromycin and ceftriaxone in the buttocks. Recently there was a “super gonorrhea” case (southeast Asia) that didn't clear even then.

Last edited:
I had maybe type 1 DCS and gave me and my gf oxygen for 2-3h.
Were you both diving and having buoyancy problems?

37h surface time between flight and dive).

I felt fine before, during and after flight
DAN America suggests 18, while some old timers still advise 24, but DAN has done more studies than the old coots referenced. If you were bent, it should have been worse on the flight.

I called an ambulance and went to the ER.
All my values were fine, they did not find any issues. The neurologist did a complete neurological exam and didn't find anything wrong.
It sounds like you've been checked out well unless the neurologist was a quack. My daughter was treated by one briefly decades ago, so it's possible.

I should mention I'm in Austria, Europe.
And put that in your profile so it shows up on all posts.

next time I dive it will be with a more reputable diving school.
Are you trained and certified to dive, or was this an introductory dive?

I'm really concerned about CNS effects. I have a bit of trouble urinating and my junk feels dead and lifeless.
Where did you hear about CNS? Not indicated at all here.

How old are you? I get Urine Tract Infections now that are old age related.

Sounds like you got the clap. 500mg amoxicillin BID for 10 days should fix that for you.
I think he meant that as a joke. You could get tested at a STD clinic. If positive, both of you would need to be treated along with all other parties, but problems urinating can come from a range of problems, and dead junk could be nerves.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please call Divers Alert Network now...

(919) 684-2948

We can do nothing for you but guess and you don't need that.

Call DAN now and don't wait

Austria, Europe
GTS: Google that Sh!t :D

Divers ALert Network Austria Phone Number: Divers Alert Network

4f09e12c-792f-42a4-8fb7-243168083e1e.png

Please call DAN. Its ok to get advice here but CALL DAN.

As suggested above by others, Call DAN.

Hey guys I called DAN German hotline on Friday and the operator told me in a stern voice that the hotline was only for immediate emergencies and that my case wasn't a emergency because it happened on Monday. You think I should call again? I called a different hotline yesterday and spoke to a diving doctor for 5 minutes and she said if I had bad DCS it would have manifested by now and especially after the flight

I called a different hotline yesterday and spoke to a diving doctor for 5 minutes and she said if I had bad DCS it would have manifested by now and especially after the flight
I think that's right, since you said you felt fine on the flight, and it's been several days. I'm sorry you're ill, but I suspect it an unknown medical issue. All we can do here is guess since you don't answer questions like training, age, how many dives, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom