Question Did Scuba prevent you having a midlife crisis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m beginning to think scuba diving is my midlife crisis.
This 100%. I got certified in my early 20s... always had dreams about being serious about diving, and even dive bumming (or ski bumming), but due to a stint in the Army, I felt behind in life when I finally got out of college. I went from never having enough money to dive to being very focused on career, then wife, then family. Suddenly I realized I'm staring down at 50... Time to focus on some parts of "me" that I'd completely neglected for the past decade.

I'm not giving up on skiing (though my knees almost are), but I'm all in on diving.

I saw the title to this thread and thought to myself "Scuba is my midlife crisis." Apparently I'm not alone. Thankfully my wife and I are sharing this midlife crisis together.

A rebreather is cheaper than a Corvette!
That's like saying being single is cheaper than being married because of the marriage penalty. :)

My mind just went so many bad places...

Scuba is my reward! I had my first dive when I was 11 and wanted to certify ever since but didn't until I was about 53.

I bought a convertible sports car when I was 50. Not due to crisis but because I could afford it. But scuba is a long-desired hobby that just worked out about three years ago. Definitely my reward for being a responsible human being.

Scuba is my reward! I had my first dive when I was 11 and wanted to certify ever since but didn't until I was about 53.

I bought a convertible sports car when I was 50. Not due to crisis but because I could afford it. But scuba is a long-desired hobby that just worked out about three years ago. Definitely my reward for being a responsible human being.
Says the ski bum... :) I miss you guys! We need to go diving!

Back
Top Bottom