Question Did Scuba prevent you having a midlife crisis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha ah ahnha ha no dive trip across the road today but I did get a chance to watch the ocean swans swanning

059.JPG

If it's too rough to dive, go surf!

Scuba provides the opportunity to reach zen while underwater. If you know what I mean, enough said.

I am 47 now. I've been certified since 2011 and never done it again until last year. Ever since I've been hooked on studying how to correctly dive, bought all my own gear, and have been thinking about diving everywhere that allows it. I never thought I am in a midlife crisis until I saw this post. Now I have come to terms with that idea of hey "This is my midlife crisis". No complaints here. I love it!!

Funny, I was going to post just the opposite. Cycling was way more expensive and dangerous for me... Broken bones, broken bikes, concussions, new bikes, ER visits, infections (road rash), race fees.

I am always happy when a student shows up and they've been a cyclist - I've never had one say that diving is too expensive. :)
I only ride rail trails and some light single track. I di break my hip socket last year in a fall that was stupid, totally my fault, and going at less than 5mph. Basically fell over and landed just wrong on the wooden deck of a bridge on the trail. And I do have 4K in my new bike but....

Back
Top Bottom