Question Did Scuba prevent you having a midlife crisis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m retired. Scuba diving get’s me outside. Getting outside results in my meeting many people in many places. Meeting new people reveals that the majority of the world, contrary to what you see on the internet, is full of good, honest and kind people.

It completely changed the direction and course of my life. Call that what you will.

I’m beginning to think scuba diving is my midlife crisis.

It’s mine for sure. OW certified in 2018. CCR in 2021, at 46. Trying to dive twice a week when family and work permit. mainly dark and cold lakes 😁

Nah, it was just an extension of what I was already doing. Certified last year at 43.

The traditional mid-life crisis is when you hit 40 and realize you have spent your life chasing things that really don't matter and that you do not have infinite time to pursue the tings that do. Money and professional status have never meant much to me, and so I have pursued adventure throughout my life. I don't remember turning 40 specifically, but by then I was already well established as an adventurer and YouTuber, if not what anyone would call a popular one. I help people (Firefighter / EMT), I go on adventures, and I share those stories online. I don't know if I am living my best possible life, but I am certainly not in crisis about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom