Difference between Intro to Tec and Fundamentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is correct. I am not sure if we would have been given deco bottle to play with if we were only doing ItT. Good question.

My ITT, I was given one to carry around. But the only skill that required was how to operate a bolt snap!

AJ:
Happened almost to my buddy last night. Buddy with more than 400 dives, but new on twins. Forgot to open his right valve. For this reason alone I always fully fill my wing on land. . . .

The only exception I will make to the rule of having a fully inflated wing anytime I get near the water is when jumping into the water from a significant height, such as a high boat deck. In that instance, I will only partially inflate the wing. Jumping in with a fully inflated wing and tight crotch strap can make things momentarily uncomfortable.

The only exception I will make to the rule of having a fully inflated wing anytime I get near the water is when jumping into the water from a significant height, such as a high boat deck. In that instance, I will only partially inflate the wing. Jumping in with a fully inflated wing and tight crotch strap can make things momentarily uncomfortable.

I find that a partially inflated wing is good enough if you're weighted for neutral buoyancy anyway. I used to fully inflate my wing years ago and one time when I was doing a back roll off a small boat, I just naturally fell back (didn't push off a bit) and came up fast right under the boat and hit it head first. It happened so fast that I couldn't adjust my position fast enough. I learned to make sure I clear the boat when I back roll, and I find that the partially inflated wing brings me to the surface quick enough. YMMV.

AJ:
Happened almost to my buddy last night. Buddy with more than 400 dives, but new on twins. Forgot to open his right valve. For this reason alone I always fully fill my wing on land. What ever happens, I know I have buoyancy when jumping in an d be able to get to the surface and breathe.

Btw, I was trained SSI AOW but really learned to dive doing (struggling to be honest) Fundamentals. Totally different form the re-creative way of diving but worth every cent in time, effort and money.

There's a reason why pilots (like as in planes) use checklists and something we divers can learn from them. Yesterday my CCR failed a positive pressure test before a dive. It turned out I forgot to attach a hose during build the night before, a procedure I had done probably 200 times in the 2.5 years since I have started diving a CCR.

Yes to GUE EDGE. It has to stay brief just like pilot's check lists. I'm sure most of you have dive check lists for gear prior to venturing out. Perhaps it needs it own thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom