Dir Dvd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Just received the DIR DVD from GUE.
Its nice to have a wealth of information straight from these experts all in one set.
I do wish they could try to make it a little more appealing besides talking heads though.
It deserves some form of cinematics I think, or some actual underwater footage.
Looking forward to the next release .

I, too, got the DVD a short time ago.

I agree with you on the content.

I learned quite a lot, however, I expected something different. For the price of the video I believe that I would have been better served by getting the DIR-F book and some of the other required readings.

Oren.. it's not necessary to link to the new book in every DIR thread :wink:

The GUE DVD has a slick cover, and the content is extremely valuable... but the presentation falls flat on its face. Even a few cuts to equipment close-ups or cuts to some illustrative diving scenes would have really helped. You'd think that with such a slick presentation (i.e., the DVD cover, etc) someone in production would have realized the content was so problematic and at least made some attempt to spice it up.

Nonetheless, I've watched the DVD over and over and over...... and over......

H

I got the DVD in January. The content was great but the production of the footage was disappointing, I was hoping to see more underwater footage. I hope they would cover other aspects of DIR aside from Equipment on the next DVD. I enjoyed the book more.

jonnythan:
Oren.. it's not necessary to link to the new book in every DIR thread :wink:
Why not? What could you have against passing information on? Especially since it's a new book and is an excellent resource. :wink:

I'll chime in with Aquaoren on this one. You never know when a chance reference will help someone who's struggling find an answer to his or her specific problem.

-G

aquaoren:
Why not? What could you have against passing information on? Especially since it's a new book and is an excellent resource. :wink:

Perhaps 'cuz after the first several links it starts to take on the appearance of SPAM ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

aquaoren:

Because if it doesn't have any thing to do with the topic being discused it's needless spam. There are several manufacturer's and online sellers here but they don't pop into every thread with a link to a random product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom