DIR/GUE OW class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i don't think that anyone has been arguing that the GUE OW course isn't a good value at $1200. even if you just add up OW, AOW, Nitrox, Rescue, Nav and Night courses from one of the other agencies it probably gets close to that, and that's without even addressing quality issues.

lamont:
i don't think that anyone has been arguing that the GUE OW course isn't a good value at $1200. even if you just add up OW, AOW, Nitrox, Rescue, Nav and Night courses from one of the other agencies it probably gets close to that, and that's without even addressing quality issues.

That may be true enough, but it's one thing to say it is a good value and another to say that they think it won't succeed because it is a $1200 class. :14:

Derek S:
That may be true enough, but it's one thing to say it is a good value and another to say that they think it won't succeed because it is a $1200 class. :14:
To me they are 2 seperate things. Yes the class is a good value, but the reality for most people is that they may not be able to afford it. There are many people I know who say a Mercedes is a good value, but that doesn't mean I can afford one.

I'm not DIR-F/GUE trained. But, it is something I want to do.

I don't thing GUE is worried about the cost or if students sign-up. This isn't PADI/NAUI/SSI looking to turn a profit to support the CEOs & Corporate structure.

My guess is, if GUE sticks with it's OW Class long enough, there will be enough of a following just by word of mouth/referrals, just like with the DIR-F course.

My only concern is if the GUE OW card would allow people to get AIR? Will the C-Card be recognized world wide?

My bet is that those who wind up taking GUEs OW class will be significant others of DIR divers.

Adobo:
My bet is that those who wind up taking GUEs OW class will be significant others of DIR divers.
Why wouldn't they just mentor them?

Adobo:
JeffG:
Why wouldn't they just mentor them?
Apparently you're not married ... :browsmile

When I was a ski instructor, we were taught (as part of our training) to avoid attempting to teach significant others ... the relationship almost always gets in the way ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Apparently you're not married ... :browsmile

When I was a ski instructor, we were taught (as part of our training) to avoid attempting to teach significant others ... the relationship almost always gets in the way ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I was...now I'm not. Does that count? LOL. But I do know what you are saying. But it could be an alternative for some folks.

Kevfin:
My guess is, if GUE sticks with it's OW Class long enough, there will be enough of a following just by word of mouth/referrals, just like with the DIR-F course.
Ding ding!

That's exactly my take.

Attendance isn't that big a deal to GUE, I think. They want the class to be available.

jonnythan:
Attendance isn't that big a deal to GUE, I think. They want the class to be available.
Just so that they can "say" they have an open water class? Interesting concept.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom