Dir?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... DIR people... I'm amazed at ... begin telling everyone else they don't know what they're doing.

My experience (which is far more extensive then most)... a DIR person has never taught or showed me anything I didn't already know.
Well, there ya go.

I am far below you, I guess, because I still have the ability to learn from others, regardless of their experience or agency affiliation.

Well, there ya go.

I am far below you, I guess, because I still have the ability to learn from others, regardless of their experience or agency affiliation.

I was wondering is someone was going to comment on his chest thumping.

The irony is amusing.

...just trying to fit in with my DIR friends : )

Last edited:
"Maryland's home of Technical Diving" :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
The only certification he earned was SSI, the rest were just bought
and paid for. He wouldn't know tech diving if it bit him in the :mooner:

Yeah, so I was chest thumping... just trying to fit in with my DIR friends : )

Offthewall, I don't think you realize what a bad light your posts are putting you in. This thread, an innocent, open-ended question about what DIR is, is now at 34 posts. Of every response submitted, yours are the only ones chest thumping about how much you know and how little others know. I think everyone here understands how you feel about DIR, and you certainly have a privilege to express that opinion here. But I don't think the substance of that opinion can reasonably apply to anyone else in this thread except you.

Why don't we just try to keep things a bit less inflamatory?

You should never thump your chest, you can hurt yourself. It is far better to see how far you can direct a stream of pee.

I guess you won the toss and selected to chose the upwind goal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom