Dive Inn Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Don
That's a new one on me. Their website doesn't off any information on lodgings, not even the location. Tripadvisor thinks that they are on Calle 3 just off of Melgar. I cannot find a sign for them on Google street view, but then TA says it's a two room B&B so they may not have a sign. I think I walked by it a couple of months ago.

$95 for a 2 tank trip is high for the market, but the two reviews on TA raved about the DM. It sounds like a couple with a small, private home downtown that they have opened up for lodging, and I guess she books space on dive boats for her and her customers - but I am guessing a lot there.
Hi! My name is Jessica and I am the owner of Dive Inn. We have a small dive shop that offer 100% valet diving (we set up and change all your gear, keep and rinse your gear), small dive trips, marine park diving, and we dive air not a set bottom time. We also recently purchased and renovated a property in downtown Cozumel only a few blocks from the water and 1 block from the market. We stay booked via Airbnb and word of mouth and existing dive customers that i have taken the time from diving to add to our website... but i know I need to :) our place is very safe! And very comfortable! And we have a lovely pool to cool off in after diving. You can contact us via our website info or through Facebook. You can also check out our 5 Star reviews on on FB page. Hope you consider us for your girls dive trip... I would love to meet you!

Attachments

• D34E9371-03D7-4DF9-AE90-3DD2DFD21910.jpeg
    D34E9371-03D7-4DF9-AE90-3DD2DFD21910.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 182
Anyone stayed here? What's your thoughts? Looking for solo female dive trip in 2019!

I've stayed at a place that was a two-room hotel (VRBO) and it was very nice, so I wouldn't let that part worry you. We prefer a place to cook and that's the main reason we haven't been back. They had a pool but no dive shop, but would arrange diving if you wanted.

We also recently purchased and renovated a property in downtown Cozumel only a few blocks from the water and 1 block from the market.
Ok, so it's not a block from Melgar but further back. The Mercado shows to be ½ Km or ⅓ mile back on google maps. I hiked back there once last trip with my ancient, arthritic knee to eat at Las Palmas. It wasn't bad. I don't think I'd do it after dark.

Hey Jessica. You should put your location on your site, FB page, and google maps.

So do you go out with your divers as their DM? Whose boat do you use?

Jessica, what is the name of your boat and captain and DM?

Jessica, what is the name of your boat and captain and DM?

Great questions! Learn from ReefHound's example divers. We should ALL be asking these questions and then checking to make sure we are diving with an operation on the list of legal boats operating out of Cozumel :clapping:

I doubt that she has a boat. More likely contracts spaces on other boats. I think $95 per 2-tank trip puts her at the highest on the island.

It's always good to have options. Some people don't mind paying the most for a great experience. Every diver has different desires, and that's a GOOD thing.

What's IMPORTANT is that we are being responsible divers and asking the right questions to make sure an operation is legitimate before booking with them

I doubt that she has a boat. More likely contracts spaces on other boats. I think $95 per 2-tank trip puts her at the highest on the island.

If she is merely arranging the diving as a value added service for her guests, I have no problem with that although I'd generally advise visitors to find their own dive op and book directly. What's most important is that everything is upfront. Nobody here has a problem with Jeannie or Christi booking a hotel for their customers but it is clear that they are just acting as a booking agent and not pretending to own a hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom