Dive Master/IDC internships in Koh Tao and Tioman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mawooshen

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone here done a DM/IDC internship in Koh Tao or Tioman?

I'm looking to take a course this summer in one of the islands but have been overwhelmed by the amount of diveshops and different courses on offer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a particular shop or on the other hand any criticisms of a shop?

Any info would be really helpful, cheers!

I did my Deep & Nitrox specialties with B&J on Tioman. I enjoyed my time with them. Darren is a good instructor.

Location wise though I'd actually suggest you take a look at Perhentian. Turtle Bay Divers are a large, well run operation. I actually liked the diving at Perhentian a bit better than at Tioman.

At either, or any, location, avoid the "sausage factories". Go for a small diver-focused operation that doesn't run the DM program to a set, time-finite, schedule. It's important that you're genuinely integrated as a working/participating staff member within the team. A good DM training provider will also ensure that you have plenty of opportunity to dive independently and work things out for yourself.

Master Divers on Koh Tao represents the sort of attitude that produces good DMs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom