Divemaster pay or salary - how much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much for your FM3, JFS? I can work for Dave and pretend I'm you :)

hahaha....want my Parque Marino Buceo Guide Card too? could be a 2 for 1 kinda deal?:wink:

And deal with all of the Pain in the A$$ travelers, no way. I have seen to many people complain about the most unavoidable trivial things and expect the DM to be able to do something about it. Takes a special breed to deal with many of the tourists. No way I could do it, which is why those that do, it I respect highly.

Amen to that Zman. I have seen things that are so laughable, with the things people expect the DM to do for them. I completely respect these guys and have to say they have much more patience than I would.

Amen to that Zman. I have seen things that are so laughable, with the things people expect the DM to do for them. I completely respect these guys and have to say they have much more patience than I would.

It would be interesting if the DM's , Captains and Operators would get together and write a book. I bet we would read about some crazy yet true stories.

It would be interesting if the DM's , Captains and Operators would get together and write a book. I bet we would read about some crazy yet true stories.

Here you go: Diary of a Dirtbag Divemaster: Terry Thompson: 9780977746507: Amazon.com: Books

Terry spent a lot of time in the Caribbean and last spent time on Little Cayman. I read the book at the bar he managed at the Southern Cross Club a few years ago. It was a fun read. Note however it is not all about Cozumel.

Too sum up the answer, from research I've done. Divemasters in Mexico make from very little money, to not much, depending on the experience of the Divemaster, most of the money they make is from customer tips, just like waiters and waitresses do here in the states. Of course, look at the benefits like the view from your office window (mask), and wonderful fresh compressed air, when your actually diving, and not working in a shop or filling tanks.

Out of curiosity what is a reasonable tip for a 2 dive trip in Cozumel?

Out of curiosity what is a reasonable tip for a 2 dive trip in Cozumel?

Usually about 5-8 per tank depending on type of service.

Back
Top Bottom