Divemasters, Instructors, & Dive Veterans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F/W, it beats me, buddy . . . but I've seen it happen many times!
Forgetting to put on fins on a boat dive is a biggie.

I think descending with the snorkel in the mouth is another one that's high on the list.

the Kraken

Ya dummy !!! Ya should have !!!! :D
Hey, guys, if I didn't know F/W personally I wouldn't have said that, OK???

But I have to tell you, I REALLY question the capability of the divemaster on the boat who let you do that.

the K

1) Leaving a dry towel on the bench where a wet diver is going to sit.
2) The always popular backwards rigging
3) Trying to put a mask on over sunglasses
4) Recapping used tanks (NO NO NO NO NO!)

The big thing with boat diving is bring what you need, nothing more. You should be able to fit everything you brought in the space of 2 tanks/bench/under bench. Leave the cellphone in the car. Leave the GIANT rolling bag with an entire dive shop in it in the car. I understand small save a dive kits, but you don't need impact wrenches and a spare boat.

Rachel

A lot of the boats in Key Largo request that you do the fin shuffle to the dive platform. Listen to the Capt.'s briefing and and don't do anything to make him get his panties in a twist. The DMs will stare at you while you set your gear up. That's when I usually go over my hand signals with them. :D

redhatmama:
A lot of the boats in Key Largo request that you do the fin shuffle to the dive platform. Listen to the Capt.'s briefing and and don't do anything to make him get his panties in a twist. The DMs will stare at you while you set your gear up. That's when I usually go over my hand signals with them. :D

Yeah... We had to do that in Cozumel, too. I hated that. Trying to do the fin shuffle with 60lbs of gear on your back, being tossed around in the waves... Not good.

biscuit7:
1) Leaving a dry towel on the bench where a wet diver is going to sit.
2) The always popular backwards rigging
3) Trying to put a mask on over sunglasses
4) Recapping used tanks (NO NO NO NO NO!)

The big thing with boat diving is bring what you need, nothing more. You should be able to fit everything you brought in the space of 2 tanks/bench/under bench. Leave the cellphone in the car. Leave the GIANT rolling bag with an entire dive shop in it in the car. I understand small save a dive kits, but you don't need impact wrenches and a spare boat.

Rachel

Thanks, Rachel. On my first trip, I was guilty of moving to recap a used tank and got told about it. I'm glad someone told me. That's something that could really be dangerous.

Ah, the great one is attaching the reg without removing the tank restraining bungie cord first.

Diver goes through all the preliminaries, gears up then tries to stand up with the tank still bungied to the rack.

As hard as I try not, I still end up chuckling . . .

I'm a bad, bad person . . . :sad:

the Kraken

The Kraken:
Ah, the great one is attaching the reg without removing the tank restraining bungie cord first.

Diver goes through all the preliminaries, gears up then tries to stand up with the tank still bungied to the rack.

As hard as I try not, I still end up chuckling . . .

I'm a bad, bad person . . . :sad:

the Kraken

LOL! Well, I'm a bad person too, then. :14: :D

These have been some great answers! I'll have to read the rest of them on Monday when I get back from Key Largo. Have a great weekend, everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom