Divemasters, Instructors, & Dive Veterans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swimming with your hands. You are wearing fins, use them. Hands add nothing to your swimming ability.

Putting regs on tanks without removing the tape. Do you really want to breathe paper and glue?

Putting your mask with your defog in the rinse bucket and sloshing it around. Now that you've just soaped up the rinse bucket, how do you expect everyone else to wash the sop out of their masks?

"Unicycle divers" frighten me. One night on the Sea Tiger, when I got to the wreck
(120ft) I saw a frightening sight: The wreck was teeming with vertical, bug-eyed divers that were peddling furiously and sculling around with their hands. I literally turned my light off so they wouldn't scare me.

catherine96821:
"Unicycle divers" frighten me. One night on the Sea Tiger, when I got to the wreck
(120ft) I saw a frightening sight: The wreck was teeming with vertical, bug-eyed divers that were peddling furiously and sculling around with their hands. I literally turned my light off so they wouldn't scare me.
LOL, I recall hiding in a kelp forest off of Catalina to hide from those guys.

Walter:
I love the new avatar, Catherine.

Thanks Walter, I was getting bored. Now, I am trying to break my "banter" habit , soooo, I need to add something ligitimate......

Okay, here's one Frank: If your safety stop is over, how about not mowing over my body on an ascent line? I don't care for the line much.

Al, mask needs to be on forehead or it rips your hair. Deal with it.

catherine96821:
What about a dew rag Catherine?????????????

oh, and lots of hair, I do remember those days........Mine was longer than yours. :)

catherine96821:
Thanks Walter, I was getting bored. Now, I am trying to break my "banter" habit , soooo, I need to add something ligitimate......

Okay, here's one Frank: If your safety stop is over, how about not mowing over my body on an ascent line? I don't care for the line much.

ascent line? you mean people use that to hold on to and move along on it? damn i thought it was just there to look at and use as a gauge.

Catherine, looking forward to seeing you. all packed, just waiting till monday morning for that 757 to take off. be diving on the first. I'll call you once in hotel outrigger reef.

duckster3d:
why would anyone want air in the bc when doing a boat entry?????

I like to hit the water carrying the anchor my scooter, and video set up. Go in head first, on the bottom at 100' in less than 30 seconds. air in the bc would only slow me down.

One might want to remain in contact with your buddy. One might also not want to blow out his eardrums while blasting past 50' at warp speed. One might not care about a last chance equipment check on the surface. However since you might tell me you always:
dive solo;
equalize perfectly;
check everything before you leave the boat;
This doesn't apply to your diving.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom