Diver missing on Cape Breton in Nanaimo 11/24/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel has been found. 2 teams comprising myself, Aaron Lackie, Ron Micjan and Scott Ensor did 2 dives on the Cape Breton. The first dive was over an hour at 130ft the second was less than 20 minutes before he was found. We just got out of the debrief with the RCMP and I am beat. I will post more about this when I have the energy but it's been a long day.
I just want to say thanks to Marilyn Hagedorn, manager of the Dive Outfitters who was support/safety diver and Ken and Carolyn Adrian of Divers Choice charters for making this possible. Candace, Daniels girlfriend gave us very valuable information that led to the find.
I also want to commend the RCMP for recognizing that this job is better handled by the guys with the cool toys :wink: and taking a step back to let us do the search. They were very supportive and helpful as well. We left them to do the recovery as it is best done with surface supply and comms. He's a long way in there.

Dave, I'm happy to hear that he has been found. It's great to know that there are divers like you and the others listed that have the skills and are willing to do this dive to locate him. I hope this helps Candace, his family, and his friends to have some closure on the events.

Jim

Well done. I am sure it was a very difficult day. Thanks for posting.

Tough day for you guys. Good work! My thoughts and prayers go out to his girlfriend, family and friends. Hopefully everybody can sit back, WAIT for some accurate details and continue an educated discussion afterwards. Guessing or assuming what went on during the dive benefits nobody.

Daniel has been found. 2 teams comprising myself, Aaron Lackie, Ron Micjan and Scott Ensor did 2 dives on the Cape Breton. The first dive was over an hour at 130ft the second was less than 20 minutes before he was found. We just got out of the debrief with the RCMP and I am beat. I will post more about this when I have the energy but it's been a long day.
I just want to say thanks to Marilyn Hagedorn, manager of the Dive Outfitters who was support/safety diver and Ken and Carolyn Adrian of Divers Choice charters for making this possible.
I also want to commend the RCMP for recognizing that this job is better handled by the guys with the cool toys :wink: and taking a step back to let us do the search. They were very supportive and helpful as well. We left them to do the recovery as it is best done with surface supply and comms. He's a long way in there.

Well done to all. Too bad the RCMP didn't let you guys search the wreck last Sunday.

Al

Well done.

It's too bad the family had to wait so long but I am glad he was found without anyone getting hurt during the search.

Good job, glad that the RCMP finally let some folks with the right gear go in there and get the job done right.
It must have been difficult for you.
Thank you.

Thanks to everyone who helped in the recover of this diver, it must have been a long and hard wait for this moment but now Daniel can come home and Candace can now say goodbye.

God speed Daniel God speed

Back
Top Bottom