Diver who looked for Caylee sues Casey Anthony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, if I was duped into helping someone promote a lie, then I would be mad as hell and probably want to sue as well. This guy and all the other volunteers were betrayed by someone trying to cover up their mistake. I agree that a class action suit should be filed against any future earnings Ms Anthony might garner off of this tragedy and that those funds should be used to help fund abuse shelters. No one needs to benefit from Casey's lies.

Maybe the guy could settle for a date with her. Guilty or not she is still pretty hot looking.

But that would make her a prostitute......not that there is anything wrong with that.

I wonder what the course of this conversation would be if someone had died looking for this child? If someone says they would remain the same I question their personal honesty (mostly to themselves). She lied, she caused many people to "volunteer" their time and resources, she should be held accountable. You can tell me all day long that I was the one that volunteered, but I volunteered under false pretenses, that ends any argument that I have to suck it up. Saying that the diver is wrong and that he has done other unsavory things (I've not read the link) has no bearing on what Ms. Anthony did. Don't shoot the messenger. If he was volunteering just for a book story we'll never know (maybe).

Winston Churchill story: At a dinner party, Winston Churchill asked the woman sitting next to him if she would sleep with him for one million dollars. After hemming and hawing, she agreed that yes, she would. Then, he asked her if she would sleep with him for one dollar. She was offended, "What do you think I am, a prostitute?" she indignantly replied. "Madam" Churchill said in the droll voice of his, "We've already established what you are, now we're just haggling over the price."

A). She wasn't convicted of killing anybody.

B). Before you "volunteer" you know there is always the risk that someone is full of crap. You make your own decision on whether to proceed and need to accept the outcome, good or bad.

IMHO, this guy filing the lawsuit is just pursuing his own interests - which is fine, as long as it is recognized for what it is. If I were on the jury deciding THIS case, not only would I vote for him to lose, but I would maximize his costs as well.

You say he is pursuing his own interests, I think he is protecting his interests.

A). She wasn't convicted of killing anybody.

B). Before you "volunteer" you know there is always the risk that someone is full of crap. You make your own decision on whether to proceed and need to accept the outcome, good or bad.

A). Doesn't matter. She testified in court that her child died in the pool and the body was disposed of, yet she pleaded months earlier for people to help look for her daughter. She already knew it was a wild goose chase.

B). Would be a sad commentary on life if true. Then people would be very disinclined to volunteer for any "good" cause. The people who do volunteer probably don't assume the worst in the people seeking help.

I hope the judge in this case quickley dismisses this suit - This could make very dangerous case law.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom