Divi Tiara closes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately we don't seem to be as lucky. I initially posted that Divi was very accomodating. I'd like to retract that post.

After they initially offered us 6 of the 7 nights we'd planned at Brac Reef (we'd already booked non-refundable airfare), I have yet to hear from them after 5 calls and emails, both to Divi and Brac Reef. I'm guessing they accomodated larger dive groups first. Hmm!

Let's see, I have also not received the refund that was promised to me on Tuesday. Hmm!

Cayman Airlines has not been helpful in waiving any change or cancellation fees. Hmm!

We're also concerned that if we make other arrangements at one of the condos on the Island, that we may be shut out of diving with only one Dive op left. Hmm!

We really need a vacation and this is beginning to suck.

Update: While still being dissappointed over the Divi's abrupt closing, we did come to an acceptable outcome. Divi has rebooked us at Carib Sands and has picked up the additional cost over and above what we had paid at Divi. After my posting not only did Divi respond to us, but so did Brac Reef.
Our plans have been salvaged and we are looking forward to meeting up with any fellow divers from 10/27-11/3.
Hoping all turns out well for the Tiara owners as well.

My wife and I met at Divi and were dissappointed we couldn't do our vacation there.

But we just got back from a week in Grand Turk and loved it.
More going on then Brac but with a wonderful small town feel (except during those brief day time excursions by cruise ships).
any thanks to the board for recommendations -- particularly Blue Water and Oasis divers, both of which were good; and I recommend the Atrium at the Osprey for those who need wireless access don't insist on a water view.

There seems to be another dive op starting up near the Divi. I will be there in about 14 weeks and will be able to report more then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom