Diving in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iona

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice, please. A non diving friend and I are planning to go to Bali for 10 days in late June. We both want somewhere quiet to stay, and preferably close to a beach, with access to a low key bar or two and good food. I would like to dive, and my friend wants to chill out and recover from work etc. My friend's only requirements are that wherever we go, it should be quiet so she can read her books in comfort, catch up, but also she needs to make a conference call back to the UK late at night from Bali. I know, it's a bit sad, but it was either that or not go. Me, I just want some great diving and don't much care about the rest. Neither of us want to stay in a big posh resort - we have made 2 trips together in the past, to Boracay, Philippines which we both liked very much (although diving not superlative, it was fine) and the Wassayas in Fiji which was so-so (diving crap!)

Where would you recommend?

Many thanks Iona

I'd recommend staying in Mimpi Resort (http://www.mimpi.com/mimpi-tulamben.html) or one of the others in Tulamben in the northeast of the island. Several very good dive sites you walk to (0 - 200 meters) including the Liberty Wreck, small, quiet, intimate, small pool, small town with a few bars but quiet ones, nice rooms (individual huts), outdoor bathrooms, etc.

Howdy! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

Never been there---But Welcome and good luck-----Bla, Bla , Bla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom