Diving vs. Posting About Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I reach a point where posting interferes with diving, the posting will stop! :lol:

I don't get to dive often... work, location, whatever. I view the boards as a community of people with similar interests to mine. I have a live-in dive buddy (and the associated ring on my finger) so I'm here really just to learn and chat 'bout diving.

I hope I don't come across as a 50-dive expert! I certainly don't try to talk beyond my knowledge (but sometimes ya don't know what ya don't know, ya know? :) ).

Unfortunately I can't change the fact that I log ~25 a year tops... not at the moment anyway, it's just what is in the cards for the wife and I.

Does anyone else feel a little sheepish about being in here talking about diving when we could be out there actually diving?

Personally, I've been chained by work -- and I love the conversations -- but I still feel a little like a :dork2: when I am typing instead of blowing bubbles.

well, if I lived in Florida I would feel like a dork, too. But since 99% of the people here on SB do not live in Fla, then you will just have to bare with us.

robin:D

Back when I paddled is used to work near the Great Falls on the Potomac .

I learned whitewater kayaking on the Potomac. Still have a scratched pair of sunglasses around here somewhere from when I turned turtle and bashed my face on the rocks in shallow rapids.

I might bear with you, thought living in Hawaii obviates the need, but I really have no plans to bare with you:mooner:.

Then you are living in the wrong spot. I'm in the water 4 or 5 days a week, mostly freediving now that I've found a spot that I can consistently have Hawaiian Spinners and Humpbacks (at least this time of year) for company, not to mention a large tiger shark and some pelagics (we saw a blue marlin on Sunday!).:D

Lucky guy!

Thought the same sort of thing but didn't say it. Still a little too cold -- yes even here in Florida -- to go bare.

... and some folks just shouldn't, no matter how warm it is ... :mooner:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I dive year round..mostly eveyday..I get to post while I'm checkin' e-mail at breakfast...or waiting for dinner to be ready..or like now..after a morning dive...suits washed and hanging to dry...tanks refilled and truck is loaded for tomorrow..(just came in..ready to take a deserved NAP)

Have a big day planned tomorrow (class of 4 doin final water work...1-D/M, 1-Rescue,1-Advanced and 1-Openwater...O/W has to sit out the deep dive, he can't go below 60'.. (so sorry)..
We're goin' to 100' at the Wreck..then..when we get to the reef..have a big to-do planned for Rescue!
(Rescue and D/M candidate)students are gonna have their hands full......(Got some "Pro's" lined up for drills)..

Gotta go now, get some:::::ZZZZZzzzzzzz's:D

... and some folks just shouldn't, no matter how warm it is ... :mooner:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
'fraid I'm on that list. It's not the years ... it's the mileage.

Back
Top Bottom