Diving vs. Posting About Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to feel a little sheepish but then I realised that Kiwis don't like folks horning in on their dates.

Mods!

Slipping into the water with Lynne in a set of her double cylinders--does it get much better :)!

I don't know why but I picture a bathtub full of bubbles, some soft music and candlelight - Peters sure to have something to say about this.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel a little sheepish about being in here talking about diving when we could be out there actually diving?

Personally, I've been chained by work -- and I love the conversations -- but I still feel a little like a :dork2: when I am typing instead of blowing bubbles.

Tell me about it ! I agree with you, but difficult to dive every day, while browsing here you can always learn something about scuba if you fell it or have good fun reading a few posts !

I post while I dive (virtually).

But during the week-end I dive for real (if the weather cooperates)

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I want to dive but can't, the water is 50 degrees over here and I don't feel like wearing a dry suit. Have to either wait until June or take a flight somewhere warmer :(

Here .... in Orange County - Southern California ... you don't need a dry suit for a single beach dive.

You definitely need a dry suit when boat diving.

Water temps are relative. My friend Ursa refers to Puget Sound as "warm water diving" ... she's from Alaska ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Does anyone else feel a little sheepish about being in here talking about diving when we could be out there actually diving?

Personally, I've been chained by work -- and I love the conversations -- but I still feel a little like a :dork2: when I am typing instead of blowing bubbles.

For me there is no doubt whatsoever of the value of talking about diving - at least here on SB and provided of course, that you don't just keep spouting off without really reading and absorbing the huge amount of good advice available here.

When I discovered SB I had a couple of hundred dives under my belt and I thought I knew it all - certainly a lot more than the average DM I was running into on my dive trips.
After finding SB and spending weeks reading through all the old threads I found out just how much I didn't know.
No doubt whatsoever that nowadays I'm a much safer diver because of my "cyber-diving".

That's not at all "dorkish".

Here .... in Orange County - Southern California ... you don't need a dry suit for a single beach dive.

You definitely need a dry suit when boat diving.

I agree with you... Calif diving is my favorite diving in the US. (well, I haven't done NC yet but plan to go this summer). I am totally addicted to Calif kelp forests. :D If I were closer than a 12 hour drive each way, I would do it more often. Right now we can only get out there once a year. I am very jealous of you guys out there in Calif. :D

robin:D

If I didn't post here I would drive family and co-workers crazy talking about a sport that they have no interest in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom