Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this forum is mostly about the issues with DM5 but I'd like to ask about features.

Am I missing it or is there no OTU/CNS function in the planner?
Additionally the screen shots from the "help" on planning show reserve as a %. I can't find a way to make that happen so is that function gone?

@DuboisP, you can upload your dives directly from your dive computer to Diviac with the DDCC (Diviac dive computer connector), more info here: https://diviac.com/faq/#How-do-I-upload-dives-directly-from-my-dive-computer

@Divetech99, Diviac is a cloud-based logbook, available for web, iOS and Android.

Once you log a dive in one of these three platforms, it is automatically synced across all your devices, making it easy to take your logbook with you, wherever you go, even if there is no connectivity.

Furthermore you can attach images and videos to your logs, we believe in remembering memories more than simple graphs.

We also offer an extensive marine database with more than 14,000 species, so you can track what you've spotted underwater and learn more about the marine life.

Scuba Diver Life is publishing in these days an extensive review, you can check it out here: Review: Diviac Digital Dive Log, Part I - Scuba Diver Life

Please let me know if you'd like to know more about Diviac.

Your product sounds promising. Does it have Mac Dive functionalities ? Such as sac rate, change tank size, copy paste dive location (to avoid re typing details) on repetitive dive to the same location, equipment selection, etc?

Hendrik- I have tried DM 3.1 and newer, and they don't have an option for a Spyder. Can you find a copy of version 1.6 of DM? I installed a usb/serial adapter, which Win7 shows under device manager, and DM3.1 shows, but the Spyder is missing from the list, and none of the others (including "other device") works.

Thanks!

Bob

I've downloaded dives into DM5 from my Vyper Air Black. I would now like to import those files into Subsurface to compare the two software programs. I now feel like an 80 year old between the Windows 8.1 and the lack of transparency with DM5. WHERE ARE THE GODDAM FILES???

Still waiting for a solution. I wish that I did not delete DM v3.0 from my mac laptop. Unfortunately, I can only find legacy DM v.3.0 for a PC. I wonder if Dive Log (paid version) for Mac OS would support direct downloads from a Suunto DM6i. charlie

I have Macbook air, running OS 10.9.5. Today I reinstalled DM5 on my mac. If I connect my D6i via USB, the DM5 software does not recognize my D6i. On the D6i, the screen shows, <transferring files>, but on the laptop, no files are downloaded. Using mono, the D6i is not shown on the software. DM4 software has similar issues. I have been remiss in downloading files, so I have about 100 dives ready to transfer. Can someone PM me, so I can get a copy of a DM3 install. I seem to remember a joke about hardware companies trying to design software...

Hi,
I apologize for the late reply. Regarding the mono framework issue with OS: A fix is under way. Workaround for now would be the following:

- remove mono 4.x..x (guide, OSX | Mono )
- install older https://movescount-dm4.s3.amazonaws.com/MonoFramework-MDK-3.12.1.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg

br, Hendrik

DiveLogDt for the Mac does support Suunto D6i. I use the program specifically because it supports multiple computers. The D6i is on the list.

Hi,
Charlie, kindly check your GateKeeper security settings. It is likely that it's preventing the driver from loading. Please set the allowance level to low and install/reinstall. Most OSX issues are sorted out so that personal settings may be the reason. Have you contacted support@suunto.com yet? If not please do so since it can be checked more detailed then...

br Hendrik

Hendrik,

I'm on DX and my wife is on a D6i. We are using DM5 (1.2.42) on a Macbook Air OS X 10.10.4. We are somehow unable to figure out how the planning tool in DM5 works and how the plans are transferred to the DX/D6i. We can create plans but we are unable to understand how the dive computer interprets the plans.

Let's say we would be able to transfer a plan to the dive computer. How do we tell the dive computer we want to dive the plan? What happens if there is deviations from the depth/bottom time in the plan? When planning the dive in DM5 the surface interval and tissue saturation has to be taken into consideration. How do we do this? Is there any detailed manual available on how to use DM5 planning tool in all its details?

Brgs,
Morten

Back
Top Bottom