Do not feed the SEALS!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Je suis venu, j'ai vu, j'ai été mordu

She was probably trying to pet and cuddle the few hundred pound beast. She looks so muscular as a beefcake who can regularly drag a few hundred pounds of blubber and nurse it back to health, right? Or was the poor seal simply being harassed?

She and the seal are lucky there was no concern for rabies. The seal would have been clubbed/shot, she would have had some nice injections in a very sensitive place, and the nurse would have a new fur coat, just in time for the northern hemispher's winter.

Better yet, she is lucky she was not trying to "help" a pit bull, polar bear, lion, or tiger. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

The best is she wants to SUE the SCPA and CapeNature for not having signs up warning about the seals being dangerous!!!

You can tuna fish, but not a seal

But when the victim's daughter says that "We believe that it was negligent of the SPCA and CapeNature to not put up boards warning that seals could be dangerous," and asks the question, "Who is going to pay for her pain suffering and plastic surgery?"

Uhhhhhhhhh..... yeah... whose going to pay for her blatent and mindless stupidity?

I want signs on wrecks that say " Danger! May contain Goliath Grouper and Moray Eels" - harmless looking enough creatures until you have a speared fish on a stringer! Oh, you don't even need that for Goliaths to be friendly and sit on you with their 450# fat fish butts! Like Jabba the Hut of the fish world... "Haaahaahaaa..."

Where's ScottZeagle? How come there aren't warning tags all over that Zeagle gear?? "Breathing compressed air may create gas bubbles", etc....:07:

I think she should sue the seal. It's the only way it'll learn.

She should sue her parents for raising stupid children.

Yeah, they must not have taught her to keep her nose out of others business. Well no prob with that now. She should also sue the ocean for making the seal tired so it had to rest.

We have a lighthouse on an island near us in Whitley Bay. A young seal got stuck at low tide and looked helpless. I thought that I would see if I could help it. I got to within a metre of it and it lifted a very alert head and bared it's huge teeth at me. That was enough of a hint to say that it wanted to be left alone! I am good at following hints like that!!

Kevfin:
Je suis venu, j'ai vu, j'ai été mordu

LOL....it sounds better in French because it rhymes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom