Do you buy lobster tails?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mike,
We lived in Honduras for nearly a year and saw groups of paralysed divers where we were..extreme exploitation!!!
In the restaurants we saw lobster tails that were not much bigger than a tiger prawn tail(shrimp tail ,yeh yeh yeh..throw another shrimp on the barby mate!!!)
So i am guessing that all the larger tails are exported to developed countries whilst the locals and tourist in Honduras are offered the smallest ones of all.
The guys at coconut tree divers on roatan are very pro-active in conservation maybe you want to send them a message and see whats going on there these days.
Say gday to them all for me..fantastic people!!!

Oh yeah, let's boycott these bastards and cut off their only source of livelihood. Let's give another group of people more reasons to hate us for starving them. Let's go after the wrong guy one more time. Let's deal with symptoms rather than the cause and punish the innocent. Let's be REAL "do gooders" and give reason to yet another group of people to make drugs and sell it to us (maybe they would invent another type of drug that would make us feel higher and longer). Let's not forget about making them so pissed off with us that they would turn to violence and attack us (we need more of that, right??).

I know in the US we need a cause for us to make us feel that we are doing good in this world, but this ain't it and it ain't the way to do it. It is WAY too complicated than what it appears to be in our TV.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in this issue, here are some articles in the latest "Alert Diver" magazine by DAN.

Alert Diver Online

Alert Diver Online

Interesting read, thanks!

I'm not sure what could be done about this though, the computer idea sounds good at first, but you can't make them use them, and if people are making thirty dollars a day and get a $250 dive computer in the mail they would just sell it.

BTW, chain restraunts suck, I only eat them when the family insists on going when we are back visiting so my immediate family needs no encouragement to not eat at Red Lobster, but I'll add it to the list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom