Do you have more posts or logged dives?

• I have posted more than I have dived.

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • I have more log dives than posts.

Votes: 89 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm actually surprised that the poll right now is pretty evenly split (even though I think this is a really useless question).

For me - I dont have that many posts, but I dont have that many dives logged either. But when you can invent a way for me to go diving during the day while I'm still at work, for free, without having to pack up my gear and shlep it somewhere, without having to get a buddy involved, without having to do my after dive ritual of cleaning and hanging out my gear to dry etc etc. then my dive log's will easily exceed my # of posts. But since the laws of the universe and corporate america prevent that from happening, it's alot easier for me to post more than I dive!

Walter:
I'll try to keep my logged dives higher than your post count.

Come on Walter. You've got like 9,500+ more posts than dives, assuming your DiveRecord logbook is anywhere close to up to date. Is this more of a resolution going forward?

TSandM:
I don't start to shiver after an hour on ScubaBoard.
Gee, I shiver on here all the time.

I think my dives and my posts are about the same, but I don't have log records for all the dives.

Are you insinuating that some folks here talk about the sport more than they get out and do it?

You hurt my feelings!:bncry:

Now I'll have to start a 'comfort me' post to get over this.

I'm going to stop using SB for awhile so my logged dives beat out my posts. So what if I stop learning, stop meeting dives buddies (to go diving?) and stop finding good deals on dive gear.

After my logged dives beat out my posts I'll be super cool then. Hey if I really want to change the numbers I can go log all the pool dives I've done and throw in some bounce dives and stuff to get that dive count up!

I lost half my posts when the server crashed, but I still have more posts than dives.

It takes about 20 posts in the Looney Birds forum to plan one dive, so I don't that is going to change any time soon.

Let's see, with just an announcement and a report, you're already two posts out. Add in a confirmation post, and a one-day two-tank dive is already inadequate for such a pointlessly misguided metric.

If you consider comparing post count to dive count a worthy metric, you are necessarily saying that answering new divers questions is a frivolous pursuit. You are also saying that planning more complex dives with fellow ScubaBoarders is a bad thing.

It's one thing to purport to be an authority while not participating enough to even have a valid claim on proficiency. Claiming that there is any inherent value in posting as little as possible in order to have your number of dives greater than your number of posts is simply an untenable position. It is as illogical and wrongheaded as claiming that drivers who stop at gas stations more often than they go out for pizza are dangerous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom