Do you Drink and Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't drink often anyway. But no, I've never dived anything less than 100% sober.

I have been on boats where instructors popped a brewski between dives. I was told that this was a common practice in the area. AT first, I thought it was a joke.
It's not done anymore at least when I'm around.

mermaid8773:
I'm curious to know how many people have ALWAYS dove 100% sober......

That would be me. I don't drink and dive since alcohol contributes to dehydration. Plus, when I drink I tend to fall asleep, so I might miss something interesting.

mermaid8773:
I will never drink and dive......but, I'll buy the first round after the dive!

Anyone going to St. Croix anytime soon?

I need a buddy! And I won't drink before....promise!

Big Hugs~

Alix

I have been toying with the idea of buying some property in St. Croix.
The Insurance issues scared me away but the property prices seem reasonable.
I have a condo in Kona and rent it out as an investment
St. Croix, Roatan or Belize (Ambergris Caye) are my next targets for acquiring.

Any advice?

You could PM me!

Alix-

I have never dived after consuming any alcohol (nor would I do any other mind altering drugs before diving, if I did such things). In fact, I have a standing (although not entirely rigid!) rule that I will not drink the night before I go diving. "Unfortunately," I dive a lot so I drink relatively little especially during the summer.

One reason is that alcohol can have unpredictable effects. I once drank a single beer and walked straight into a 100 ft eucalyptus tree on my way to dinner (yet on other occasions can drink a full bottle of sake and keep working on my computer all night).

I feel it is wise to save your drinking for after the day's diving, and then do it in moderation if you are diving the next day. However, if you aren't diving, enjoy!

Can a Beer Kill You? YES, YES! Any substance that can affect your judgement should be avoided! Don't dive drunk or with a hangover!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom