Dodging aches and pains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim ......now that's funny ....its made by mcnett......its used on dry suit seals and works great .......and you don't have to apply it for at least 10 dives in your fins I cant live without it !!!!! (the seal saver not the ky ) lol

Doesn't that wash off readily?

NOPE, The silicone lube can be used in the bathtub... You're thinking of the old water based KY... That doesn't last at all.. This silicone lube is very long lasting and needs soap to get most of it off..
lube.jpg

Jim...

Ya gotta love a thread that discusses the virtues of different types of lubes, while managing to stay PG!

Last I heard, they stopped making it in the USA ... not sure why ... when my dive shop told me they were discontinuing the product, I stocked up ...

916.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, after a lot of heavy lifting and other sport related things, I finally wore out a hip. Got that replaced two years ago.

I had a hip replacement in 2015; have had a very similar experience: the joint pain is gone, but pain and stiffness in that hip related to, as far as I can tell, all the disruption to get in there and do the bone replacement, is a continuing ongoing effort. And getting that fin off has been a challenge particularly on my drift dives from Jupiter/West Palm this winter with the boat rocking and rolling in the swells.

Started researching these lubricants, but I'm way too amused and following way too many threads to get anywhere with that. Lunch break is over; back on my head.

yes seal saver was discontinued , I really stocked up for the store 25 bottles 1 of my instructors bought 50 the place that had all remaining stock was in Vancouver Canada ill try to post a link ....if you use it right 1 bottle will last years

The Swiss Navy silicone lube is also used in my conshelf xiv supreme 1st stages.. It's a pure silicone lube that we have found many uses for..:giggle:

Jim...

I thought it was going to be about opioids. Instead it's about lube. I'll just go back to my hole now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom