Dodging aches and pains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lose some weight. This is about 20% from the gym, 80% from adjusting kitchen habits
Get serious about working out
Flexibility-stretching or yoga
Dive planning: Minimize lifting, ask for and accept help, find some dives that don't require doubles
Accept some inevitable limitations that come with ageing
Don't compare yourself with 25 year olds

Talk to an old paratrooper about pain , I gutted it out for years vitamin I doesn't work on the bad days t 3s now (then no diving ), just snow blowed my lot , just took a t3 ...... I sold my lp 100s now looking at high pressure or 80s even (cant teach mix on 80s ) ...CCR is still the same after you put the bail out on ..............Cam try undoing the belly band and pulling up the tanks then do the shut down , its what I do

Well, after a lot of heavy lifting and other sport related things, I finally wore out a hip. Got that replaced two years ago. Was back in the water working (not fun diving) three months later. My problem is I’ve never been a very limber person so rehab on that hip was a bear. After 30 years of downsliding I had almost no range of motion and although the joint didn’t hurt anymore, the muscles were so tight that I had a lot of work ahead of me...still do. Rotation is all screwed up so doing a figure 4 to put fins on is not easy on that leg. It’s always entertaining for people to watch me rolling around in the surf trying to get my fin on and off. They also straightened me out and added over 1/4” to the new joint which changed the geometery in my spine. I’m pretty much over it now, but for while my back was screeming for it’s mommy. Lower back is next.
Doubles? Forget it no way, I’m way over it. Besides, why would I use doubles for a shore dive to no deeper than 60-70 feet for 45 minutes to an hour? A single 72 is better. Even a 120 is a lug to haul. I need to be nice to the aftermarket parts.

Naproxen is my friend.

Big doubles on a boat aren’t too bad...on shore? F-that.

Options for most people include sidemount(drag one tank at a time to the water...

Options for those that can afford it include rebreathers.

Roll tanks down to the water in a cart if possible at dive site. The number of people who insist on carrying their gear when they don't have to just baffles me.

guys and gals with knee hip problems this WILL help as I have the same problem (paratrooper knee ) use seal saver in the pocket of the fin a few drops .....the fin off on problem goes away .......

I chose a BCD with the most comfort and best ergonomics on long walks to shore dives as possible. By adjusting the harness I can put most of the weight on my hips or most on shoulders or evenly split.

... use seal saver in the pocket of the fin a few drops .....the fin off on problem goes away .......

What is this? Can't find it using Google.

What is this? Can't find it using Google.

Just use some of that KY silicone lube us old people need to have around..

Jim....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom