Does ScubaBoard have a twin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...let us all decide to consider staying here at SB and posting here at SB.

If it looks like scubaboard, smells like scubaboard, it better be the one and only real scubaboard.

The copycat site can only suceed in life on the web if divers actually take it seriously and start to populate the forums.

==>Thanks Stephen for editing out the link to the copycat site for us SB'ers.

Mostly we just feel ripped off.

Which is likely what the individuals associated with the new site wanted us to feel.

It's sorta the "Anti-ScubaBoard" board.

It was quite likely started by those who were unhappy here, so that those who are unhappy here for whatever reason can go there and explain why with large amounts of fist wavery and elevated blood pressures.

If you think ripping people off is a pretty bogus way to start your new gig, then don't go there.

If you don't, then its a free country and a good example of internet piracy in action.

but we are now catering to those individuals on the "banned" thread....with great restraint and leeway afforded to them by the SB gods.

AXL72:
ok...let us all decide to consider staying here at SB and posting here at SB.

I've been here almost from the beginning. I have no desire to talk about scuba anywhere else on the web but here. I do use TDS quite a bit but that site has a unique attack on technical diving that I just can't find anywhere else. Frankly... I just don't have the time to bounce from forum to forum all day long. Besides... it's all right here anyways!

And I'll be damned before I join a site that overtly plagiarizes this one... :shakehead

Not only is it NOT us, but they have attempted to steal many of our users by spamming them via PM.

yes, I was. Not sure if that's the site you are talking about. I don't feel the level of disatisfaction I assume one would need to invest themselves in another site.

I wonder if other sites look for "things to happen" and time the pounce. Thats kinda paranoid, but something fishy is going on.

AXL72:
but we are now catering to those individuals on the "banned" thread....with great restraint and leeway afforded to them by the SB gods.
temporarily... :wink:

(besides, Pete has by now sucked them all in and is vigorously pun-ishing them horrendously... :D )

The copycats will come and go, but IMO, you guys have nothing to worry about. Scubaboard is the best resource for divers from all over the world. It has an excellent mix of recreational, technical & professional divers as well as manufactuers who actively participate in discussions. I haven't come across another board that has such diversity, yet manages to strike such a good balance between free speech/debate versus censoring abusive posts.

Gotta love that it's complete with using vbulletin board :) Couldn't have even used phpbb...

BTW looking at the reviews at Big Boards I don't think their info is correct...:

Scubaboard is a diverse online community of scuba diving enthusiasts dedicated to sharing the wonders of our underwater world in a safe, family oriented environment. Our focus is to advance safety, knowledge and enjoyment within the diving community by encouraging the mutual exchange of experiences, ideas and opinions.

Creation date: July 2000
Hardware: primary server: p4 2.8 w/2gig ram & 2x80gig hard disk - secondary machine: p4 3.0 w/512mb ram & 2x80gig hard disk
Software: vbulletin 3.0.x w/photopost 4.8x plus custom configurations including eather module, vbadvanced cms, vbarticles and more
Number of moderators: 42

Here are today's most viewed threads for Scuba Board:

Diving and alcohol (347 views)
I'm paying retail for equipment from LDS (331 views)
Farting at Five Fathoms??? (300 views)
Open water cert in a pool? (287 views)
when to 100'? (277 views)
Gear Help (256 views)
DIGITAL REGULATORS.....? What? (220 views)
I just WON a scooter!!! (216 views)
What do you enjoy the most about your diving? (213 views)
Photographers, cry with me.... (204 views)

somebody please pm me the name.

just curious about the shower of invites....gee, I thought they wanted me cause I'm a world renowned photographer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom