Does this seem like a bizarre setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn they seem a little worried about running out of air. Either that or they are stupid enough to have two out of air situations on the same dive.

git-r-dun diver:
Damn they seem a little worried about running out of air. Either that or they are stupid enough to have two out of air situations on the same dive.

Yeah..but if you notice, it looks like the two ponies are routed TO each other... that's another bizarre part...

I don't get it..

I'm not DIR.. but that's definately Doing It F'd Up....

D.

It looks like some tipe of filter system or rebreather thing. It sure does look confusing.

It's a scuba version of that old Mousetrap game.

Wow.. That's pretty complicated... Looks like each pony has its own reg and then they are linked together.

But why use (2) 13cf pony bottles instead of say.. (1) 30cf pony?

git-r-dun diver:
It looks like some tipe of filter system or rebreather thing. It sure does look confusing.

It's definately two ponies.. but the wierd part is they're hooked together. Why not use a bigger pony?

Wonder what sales-hungry dive shop talked him into buying THAT setup.. notice all his regs are the same color as well... oct oreg? primary reg? pony reg? no way to tell..

I could just see him gearing up on a boat and me thinking.. "I don't want to be anywhere NEAR that guy..."

D.

I'm trying to follow the hose routing... it looks like his main tank is routed into the ponies as well... and the only valve is on his main tank. So all the ponies and main tank air are on = defeats the purpose of having a backup air source ?!??

BIZARRE!

I like at the end where it says, "MUST SELL, CAN NO LONGER DIVE DUE TO MEDICAL REASONS. IF YOU WOULD BUY THEM ALL NEW, PRICES ABOUT $5,000."

I wonder if stupidity is a medical condition...
Thats one F'ed up setup...

I just had to e-mail him to find out what is going on with that bizarre set up. I'll let you know what his response is.

Phil

Scary and did you see the size of his suits... 4x, 3x whoa. I've never seen suits that big before.

SangP

Back
Top Bottom