DR Optima

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody know what the weight of the optima is?

Around 75 lbs. w/ empty tanks.

Cheers,

MN

michaeldive:
Around 75 lbs. w/ empty tanks.
MN

37 kg. Ouch. That is not a travel friendly unit. Any specific reason why it is this heavy (heavy frame, housing, tanks, ... all of them very heavy)? What about the weight without tanks? As a comparison, the Evolution without tanks is 18 KG.

PeCeDiver:
37 kg. Ouch. That is not a travel friendly unit. Any specific reason why it is this heavy (heavy frame, housing, tanks, ... all of them very heavy)? What about the weight without tanks? As a comparison, the Evolution without tanks is 18 KG.
Dunno about the other components. What I do know is the PST 45 cf LP steel tanks are almost 20 lbs each. Subtract that and you are at about +/- 16 kg.

Thats a lot of gas for an eCCR, isn't it? I've been trying to work out what kinds of profiles you could do using just the diluent tank as bailout and the O2 tank for deco (i.e. no slung cylinders).

StSomewhere:
Dunno about the other components. What I do know is the PST 45 cf LP steel tanks are almost 20 lbs each.
QUOTE]

These 27 cu.ft. bottles, what is the metric equivalent? 4 litres?

Remember: my unit is a prototype w/ metal back plate/frame and 30cf tanks @2640 psi (27cf @2400 psi).
On the production units will be ABS and you will travel w/o tanks that means; will be lighter then Evolution plus is compact and user friendly (unit and eletronics).
Regards,
MN

michaeldive:
Remember: my unit is a prototype w/ metal back plate/frame and 30cf tanks @2640 psi (27cf @2400 psi).
On the production units will be ABS and you will travel w/o tanks that means; will be lighter then Evolution plus is compact and user friendly (unit and eletronics).
Regards,
MN

ABS?

StSomewhere:
Dunno about the other components. What I do know is the PST 45 cf LP steel tanks are almost 20 lbs each. Subtract that and you are at about +/- 16 kg.

Thats a lot of gas for an eCCR, isn't it? I've been trying to work out what kinds of profiles you could do using just the diluent tank as bailout and the O2 tank for deco (i.e. no slung cylinders).

Where did "27 cu.ft." tanks come from? 45 cu.ft. is enormous for a recreational CCR - over 6 litres, compared with the Inspiration's 3 litres. Can't imagine why they should be so big, as short of a big problem (with equipment or diver) they'll way outlast the scrubber.

Back
Top Bottom