Dry glove help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm getting the si tech permanent rings installed with changeable latex wrist seals with blue gloves that go on the permanent rings. just have to find the time now....

I've been looking at the SiTech rings and think I'll have the guys at Dive Right In Scuba replace my Zip seals this winter. Getting dressed with the Zip gloves in place is doable, but a PITA, and I'd like to try out the new silicon wrist seals.

Trying to figure out how to use Diving Concept ring system with DUI zip-seal equipped CF200.

Any tips or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

Why would you just not use zip seal gloves?? Just curious because I just ordered a CF200 with zip seals and the Heavy duty wrist dam gloves.

zip seals are fine for warmth, but what we don't like abou tthem is being stuck in the gloves while we finish kitting up. DC and SI are attractive to us becuase we can attach them AFTER getting geared up.

Trying to figure out how to use Diving Concept ring system with DUI zip-seal equipped CF200.

Any tips or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

One of my instructors has this configuration. The DC suit ring is installed inside of a Latex zip seal that is connected to the suit. He uses a decorative and protective Neoprene band over the DC O-rings holding the Latex seal to the suit ring.

The only caveat is that the arm sleeves need to be short enough so that the DC glove-to-suit coupling does not sit on your knuckles.

Installing the gloves on the DC glove ring requires a tool (split ring with an outer, radial groove to stretch the O-ring holding the glove) and is somewhat tedious.

In my opinion here's the easiest way to fit dry gloves on to any suit. Takes 5 minutes to install and doesn't matter whether its neo or latex. All the commercial divers I know have these and they are foolproof.
Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits
Go to the 3rd system down the page...Viking classic
Good luck,
U\O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom