DSS - Compare to Dive Rite, OMS, Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks, let's not turn this into a "who makes the best equipment" whizzing match.

The OP's question was how does DSS gear stack up against other brands. It was asked in the DSS forum. Let's ... out of consideration for the guy who owns this forum ... keep our remarks focused on answering the OP's question.

If you want to compare DSS to those other brands, that's the info the OP is looking for. If you want to get into personal opinions about other equipment manufacturers, let's please do so in a more appropriate forum ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
The OP's question was how does DSS gear stack up against other brands.
... Bob (Grateful Diver)

DSS makes exellent equipment, backed by personal attention.

DSS > Others

:wink:

OK, I'll start to look in my area if I can find a shop with infos/prices about DSS equipments. Seems by your comments, they have excellent product/quality stuff. Damn, it's hard to choose :shakehead

DSS will be your best bet. I'm not sure that there are my dive shops that carry DSS products.

Michael

I agree ... best bet is to contact Tobin directly through the DSS Web site. That way you can get answers to your questions from the person who's best qualified to provide them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have used both DiveRite and DSS systems and am familiar with some of the others too..

DiveRite pretty much were the first to produce equipment orientated towards the technical diver and still have some outstanding equipment. As far as falling behind, well I just browsed their website and they have a whole load of innovative stuff, from new lights and reels, to a sidemount system (has anyone tried this??).
I wear a Diverite drysuit and love it, I have single and double wings and you can thrash them to bits and the perform well. We used to ***** and moan about their reels, but still completed hundreds of successful cave dives with them.

DSS OTOH has taken the next step and created extraordinary gear. The backplate is outstanding and the grommeting is innovative.. The watercut D rings are excellent and for some reason the wings are just more streamlined and sexier. He also has cool stuff like the SS spools. Tobin is a regular bloke and will bend over backwards to help you get what you want or what is right for you. It is a shame that there are not more companies out there like DSS.

I dove yesterday and saw for the first time, a guy with a DSS gear. So, I was able to look all his kit, ask questions and feedback from him. No negative comment from the guy so it's a good start ;-)

All of these companies have good products and none can be said to be the best.
I have a halcyon back plate and wing yet I will not use there Hogarthian Harness. The best harness by miles in my opinon is the DSS comfort harness."with sternum strap" It is a harness inspired from heaven dispite whatever Tobin might say about it.

Back
Top Bottom