DSS - Compare to Dive Rite, OMS, Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used both DiveRite and DSS systems and am familiar with some of the others too..

DiveRite pretty much were the first to produce equipment orientated towards the technical diver and still have some outstanding equipment. As far as falling behind, well I just browsed their website and they have a whole load of innovative stuff, from new lights and reels, to a sidemount system (has anyone tried this??).
I wear a Diverite drysuit and love it, I have single and double wings and you can thrash them to bits and the perform well. We used to ***** and moan about their reels, but still completed hundreds of successful cave dives with them.

DSS OTOH has taken the next step and created extraordinary gear. The backplate is outstanding and the grommeting is innovative.. The watercut D rings are excellent and for some reason the wings are just more streamlined and sexier. He also has cool stuff like the SS spools. Tobin is a regular bloke and will bend over backwards to help you get what you want or what is right for you. It is a shame that there are not more companies out there like DSS.

Listen I agree. If I had stock I'd buy some of Dive Rite. They have a great web site and have good vidio clips. I just baught a used Inspiration rebreather but in time I intend to get an optima and get certified on it also. I like the transpack and used to own one. when i get the optima I will get another transpack. it is all good stuff. at this point its a matter of personal choice and enjoyment. I am using the dss back plate and wing. I like the comfort harness mostly and use it on my halcyon plate. it is the comfort harness that I like. there is nothing particularly special about the plate. I have changed the hose on my wing to my own prefered length. I don't ascribe to the DIR philosophy. in my opinion it is a lot of malarcy drummed up for the gullible or intense cave diver officianado. For instance: when I got my rebreather cert one of the other students had an older DSS wing just like mine. The only difference was that his pull dump had a plastic toggle and mine had a string. I say Bring on the toggles again/ the helll with DIR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom