Equinox Housing for Canon HV30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Camera Warranty....Well that says it all...and for $1200....WOW, now Im really shocked at how your treated and Im sure Equinox is surprised to hear how one of their dealers is treating their customers as well....

The Sagemax Warranty from NEW is 143.99, not 1200.00.

Sam Gates and I discussed this on the phone yesterday after I'd e-mailed him with the OP's original post. Equinox is entirely aware of how one of their dealers is treating their customers. Our customer too you know. Sam was kind enough to say, "I would also like it to be known that B&H ... has always acted in a responsible and positive manner." It was kind of him to say so.

Equinox has expressed their willingness to evaluate the Equinox products and the Sagemax warranty covers the camcorder. No one can replace the lost opportunity to video an unrepeatable event. I have already said, "B&H regret's Bruce's dissatisfaction and I sympathize with his disappointment." That was true and sincere.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

response to attack removed

My credentials online are impeccable, and unimpeachable. Challenging my integrity is unwarranted. Being criticized by another retailer in a public forum is unprecedented and something I would find ethically uncomfortable.

We expressed our regret for this unfortunate situation at the outset. I think I am probably done with public debate here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being criticized by another retailer in a public forum is unprecedented and something I would find ethically uncomfortable.

When it affects one of my customers, which I stand by and live by, I try to help. Dont worry Henry, you will never hear from me again, I made my points and reasons for calling you today on the phone. I think you will agree that my intent was never to criticize, until I received the same treatment as my customer...which I again received today. In the future, I will not try to help you and let you deal with lawyers and chargebacks.

Have a great one Henry, it truely was great talking with you today!

Had a great discussion with Sam Gates of Equinoix today by telephone. He and Equinox are willing to do whatever they can to make the bad situation as good as possible with the portion of the issue they have control of.

Sam, the label did not arrive today, so should be here tomorrow I assume based on the tracking info.

I will keep you posted, and thanks again for your willingness to work this through reasonably and intelligently.

More to follow as issues progress. B&H has STILL not even provided any useful info on the warranty, and has made no offers to try to work toward a solution.

Please beware!

Thanks again Sam!

best regards-
Bruce

Had a great discussion with Sam Gates of Equinoix today by telephone. He and Equinox are willing to do whatever they can to make the bad situation as good as possible with the portion of the issue they have control of.

I'm glad to know that the e-mail I sent to Equinox (in which I cc'd you) before I posted anything here describing your situation and asking them to intercede has borne fruit.

Thanks Henry. What can we do about the CAMERA and other equipment though? Is B&H going to be anywhere near as accommodating as Equinox is being?

Can funnel our energy toward some creative thoughts and arrive at some acceptable solution? Your 10 years experience at B&H would be helpful in determining some mutually agreeable outcome.

We should discuss in real-time via phone. Drop me a line or re-post a number I can reach you at and a best time to call if you are willing to discuss?

regards-
Bruce

By the way, the return shipping label from Equinox arrived today.

thanks Sam.

Bruce

Interesting that as soon as it is time for any action whatsoever from B&H they go silent. Vocal taking credit for Sam from Equinox actions, vocal in critisizing other vendors, vocal in cmoplaining that people are saying bad (but well deserved) bad things about B&H, but DEAD SILENCE as soon as you ask for any positive active contribution from B&H at all.

What a shame. Seems B&H only role is to markup other's products and take their profit. If there is a problem, tell the customer to deal with the manufacturer.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

minor attack removed
I'll try for a few more days, then go the escalation route. Seemed positive with all Equinox is trying to do, but B&H wants nothing more than this to be everyone elses problem, while they still get to cash the check.

Bruce DeDivitis

Interesting that as soon as it is time for any action whatsoever from B&H they go silent.

You are correct and I apologize. My wife has food poisoning, my kid has a chronic ailment I prefer not to discuss publicly, my basement is awash with enough water to test any Equinox product, and the plumber won't be here until Monday, which is why I'm posting this from home and not from work. I am concerned about your situation, but you are not the only star in my constellation.

Also, company rules prohibit me from doing ANY company business from mid-afternoon Friday through Saturday night. I usually don't work Sundays.

Have you contacted Sagemax about a replacement camcorder, in accordance with your warranty with them?

Last edited:
Hello Henry-

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties. I hope your wife and son are feeling better soon. All else pales when issues of health arise. My sincere thoughts are with you and your family.

I too apologize for the delayed reply. Thank goodness my reason is not nearly as intense. I have been away at my eldest son's college orientation sessions and also catching up from that absence at work.

In any case Henry, maybe the best thing you and I could do would be to talk by phone real time and brain-storm a solution or at least determine the next paths to explore.

I will look though the thread and turn up your phone number and email, and will make the first attempt to contact you directly. I hope you are willing to work with me in this manner? Please understand the resolution of getting replacement 2008 equipment that I now will not use until 2009 is not the most preferential solution for me. That asks me to bear the technical obsolescence cost due to seller /vendor issues. That would not be very fair. Anyway, let's talk.

Bruce DeDivitis

Hi Henry-

I sent you an email with my home, work, and cell phone numbers as well as my personnal email address.

Please contact me to discuss.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom